Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Evil Dead

Children Of The Corn remake

Children of the Corn Being Remade...Again?
Thursday September 10, 2009
Children of the Corn
© Anchor Bay

Even though SyFy has already filmed a remake of the 1984 Stephen King adaptation Children of the Corn (airing September 26), word comes that Dimension Films is planning its own big-screen remake of the story. No release date has been set, but Ehren Kruger has been tapped to write the script. Kruger has a solid genre pedigree, having penned Scream 3, both American Ring films, The Skeleton Key, Blood and Chocolate and The Brothers Grimm. It should be interesting to see where a big-budget production takes the story that the smaller 1984 and 2009 versions didn't. Let's just hope it's not in 3-D.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

Now this is one time i don't mind a remake. As the first one sucked big time. Not to mention parts 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, or what ever . Honestly, If i was an adult in that town I would have got those kids smacked them around the face and sent them to their rooms and banned them from the internet for two weeks.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
SlashNgo

Hmm...could be interesting....def. NOT interested in the scyfy version as they have a weak movie making record in my eyes.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Evil Dead

Oh great Another remake fuck up.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Heaven for the climate

Depends on who is the director is, there have been some really good remakes lately. I'm not 100% alone when I say I loved the Halloween remakes, even Sweeny Todd was a good one. A remake of the first Children of the Corn would be fine but they should stick with the first two at least.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufongtan. View Post
smacked them around the face and sent them to their rooms and banned them from the internet for two weeks.

If only your own parents would take that approach........