Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-12-2008, 05:53 PM
whatever gets you through

the strange case of howard phillips lovecraft

just to warn folks - i got this out of the video store and it was wretched. i dig lovecraft and thought a documentary about his life and writings would be cool but this looked like some kind of art school experimental video gone horribly wrong. there were some interesting things i didn't know or had forgotten (HP was a racist and antisemite, which are not very pleasant - and knew the creator of Conan, which was cool).

but - i would recommend avoiding this video at all cost - lots of silly nonsense and puppets and toy trains (i kid you not!)

oh - and its french
Old 04-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
ugh, I saw this on tv once a long time ago. you do learn a lot of stuff about him but it was pretty boring.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:08 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
there were some interesting things i didn't know or had forgotten (HP was a racist and antisemite, which are not very pleasant...
He doesn't exactly hide that fact in much of his work...
Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I thought it was really cool. They took the typical bio'documentary for and twisted it into a narrative that resempled Lovecraft's story telling - Looking back at a series of events subjectively (which certainly is odd for a doc) as a reminiscance of terrible events.

I liked the pupetry and the far-out nature of this film and it always warms my heart to see filmmakers so willing to take risks.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned

i like puppets and toy trains