Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Evil Dead

Demons Crest

I just plugged this back in. I love this game. Everything from the graphics to the locations and level design.

And if I must say so myself, the soundtrack surpasses that of even the mighty Castlevania series.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah I think I've played it on an emulator.
Snes right? I remember my brother quite liked it....for some reason it's like one of many SNES games I've just had a quick look at and not really played, that tends to happen when you've got like pretty much all the games.
Might have a better look at it.

I remember the first stage, something rather big came after you, right?

I'm not 100%, but I think this MAY be a sequel to something called "gargoyles quest" on gameboy. It may not be but it sure looks and plays similar.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Yeah I think I've played it on an emulator.
Snes right? I remember my brother quite liked it....for some reason it's like one of many SNES games I've just had a quick look at and not really played, that tends to happen when you've got like pretty much all the games.
Might have a better look at it.

I remember the first stage, something rather big came after you, right?

I'm not 100%, but I think this MAY be a sequel to something called "gargoyles quest" on gameboy. It may not be but it sure looks and plays similar.
Yes, there is a large dragon in the first room you are in. You have to kill it to move on to the regular part of the game.

As far as Gargoyles quest, the characters have the same names and stuff in this one, difference is, Demons Crest is an unofficial sequel.

I just noticed something from Wikipedia that seems interesting.

My AIM SN is Firebrand700 after the main character of this game:

Firebrand: The story's anti-hero. Known as the Red Blaze by the lesser demons who fear him. He has the ability to tap into the power of the crests to increase his powers, or even take on entirely new forms.

And you are Phalanx:

Phalanx: The arch-nemesis of Firebrand. He desires the crests for himself, so that he may summon the Crest of Infinity and obtain ultimate power to conquer both the demon realm and the human worlds.

Sure you've never played this game through? Haha
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

Nope never...
I'm not sure about this either, but wasn't the demon originally used in one of the ghouls n ghosts/ghosts n goblins games? Not sure if its the same characters or what, but it sure looked like the same graphics as one of the characters...

Sounds like it might be worth playing in the longrun, I might load up the SNES again.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Nope never...
I'm not sure about this either, but wasn't the demon originally used in one of the ghouls n ghosts/ghosts n goblins games? Not sure if its the same characters or what, but it sure looked like the same graphics as one of the characters...

Sounds like it might be worth playing in the longrun, I might load up the SNES again.
That is true:

The main character Firebrand (Red Arremer in Japan) made his debut in the arcade game series Ghosts 'n Goblins. Gargoyle's Quest was followed by two sequels, a NES game Gargoyle's Quest II in 1992 and Demon's Crest for the SNES in 1994.