Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
joesmithncm

Thumbs up Director's Cut of George A Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD

On Monday, October 17th, the director's cut of George A. Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD comes to select movie theaters for only One Night! Be there and see the special uncut version that has never played in theaters before plus catch an exclusive interview with horror icon, George Romero. Gather your friends, get your tickets, and get ready to be scared! This screening will be in theatres for only One Night and seating is limited, so get your tickets now! The screening will take place at select Regal, United Artists, and Edwards movie screens across the country. All shows start at 8:00pm Local. Visit www.Fangoria.com for more event details, a list of Host Theatres and to purchase your tickets in advance. Brought to you by Fangoria Entertainment, Universal Studios, and National CineMedia.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Tenant

And for one day only:

The AMAZING SPAM!

Won't be here tomorrow, so get sucked in now!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Evil Puppy

I was excited until I saw that no theatre around here was showing it... they should've came to Detroit at least!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:28 PM
FangoFright

Land Of The Dead Director's Cut

Fangoria Entertainment Presents The Director's Cut of George A. Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD.
This is a one time only screening at 8pm, Monday October 17th. Be there to see the never before played uncut version plus catch an exclusive interview with horror icon George Romero.

Seating is limited so get your tickets now. Screenings will take place at Regal, United Artists and Edward theaters across the country.
For more information, or to check for a theater near you please go to fangoria.com OR go directly to http://www.fangoria.com/lotd/index.html
Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Evil Dead

I'll just wait for the DVD :o
Old 10-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
I'll just wait for the DVD :o
Amen. I doubt there'll be that much more on it anyway, there usually isn't. It's just an advertising gimmick.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
DarkSpawnSTH

Yeah, you're right. I read a review with Romero somewhere, he said the "uncut" version isn't much different. Basically they shot one version, and that's what we saw in the theater. The few bits the MPAA objected to were simply altered, but not actually cut from the film. They did things like digitally inserting zombies from other footage they shot into certain gory scenes to "walk by" and kind of obscure what was happening to tone it down. So I guess we won't see any extended or deleted scenes, just a bit more blood they had to cover up.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkSpawnSTH
Yeah, you're right. I read a review with Romero somewhere, he said the "uncut" version isn't much different. Basically they shot one version, and that's what we saw in the theater. The few bits the MPAA objected to were simply altered, but not actually cut from the film. They did things like digitally inserting zombies from other footage they shot into certain gory scenes to "walk by" and kind of obscure what was happening to tone it down. So I guess we won't see any extended or deleted scenes, just a bit more blood they had to cover up.
Figured...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Tenant

I bought the American Psycho uncut edition and don't get me wrong, the movie is one of my favorites, but I still can't figure out any difference between the uncut version and the theatrical version.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I bought the American Psycho uncut edition and don't get me wrong, the movie is one of my favorites, but I still can't figure out any difference between the uncut version and the theatrical version.
cuts were made to one of the sex scenes