Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Evil Sweat

Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie

It's confirmed and I'm so looking forward to this!
I don't think it'll be everything I dreamed of but I'm definitely expecting a high quality R-rated sci-fi action movie.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Evil Dead

I posted a link in the horror art thread; it's a cool concept on how they would like Sigourney Weaver to look in the new movie.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Evil Sweat

“I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens, so it’s Alien, Aliens and then this film.” - Neill Blomkamp

Source
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...eill-blomkamp/

Seeing the xenomorphs home planet and possible the destruction of it should be interesting to say the least.
And it wouldn't be the death of the franchise because they could make more movies set in a different timeline/location.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Banned

Honestly, SW is a bit long in the tooth for this character and its clones. On the bright side, it can't be worse than Prometheus.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Heathen View Post
On the bright side, it can't be worse than Prometheus.
Yes it can. Prometheus is a fairly good movie. Cut out the ending and erase the Space Jockey / Engineer imagery and it's a good space exploration movie.

With the Alien series you have the bad Alien 3 and Resurrection. Plus the versus movies. Now they want to go back again and try and fix the mistakes that shouldn't have been made in the first place. Also the director is back tracking now from erasing Alien 3 and Resurrection. So we might get something really stupid. He's pandering to people connected to those terrible movies. I wonder about that videogame too that's supposed to be official.

Also from what I've been reading Sigourney Weaver was partially responsible for the choices in Alien 3 and Resurrection.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Yes it can. Prometheus is a fairly good movie. Cut out the ending and erase the Space Jockey / Engineer imagery and it's a good space exploration movie.

With the Alien series you have the bad Alien 3 and Resurrection. Plus the versus movies. Now they want to go back again and try and fix the mistakes that shouldn't have been made in the first place. Also the director is back tracking now from erasing Alien 3 and Resurrection. So we might get something really stupid. He's pandering to people connected to those terrible movies. I wonder about that videogame too that's supposed to be official.

Also from what I've been reading Sigourney Weaver was partially responsible for the choices in Alien 3 and Resurrection.
It's well made and has a good cast. Everything else is a mess.
After my second viewing I went online and tried to get some answers.
Nobody knows what's going on in the movie, few agree on things and there are more weird theories than anything else.

So because there've been bad Alien movies in the past, no one should make another Alien movie?
There's mixed news on the backtracking thing. From what I've read, it'll be a direct sequel to Aliens. And it might be an alternative timeline or it might take place between Aliens and Alien 3.
Personally, I don't care, and with the plothole fest that is Prometheus, I don't understand why you do.

Neill Blomkamp hasn't made a bad movie yet imo.
Always a good and interesting story, good cast, great special effects and the right amount of blood.
So with his skills, Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn and who knows else, I'm pretty sure this will be better than Prometheus.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Nobody knows what's going on in the movie, few agree on things and there are more weird theories than anything else.

So because there've been bad Alien movies in the past, no one should make another Alien movie?
There's mixed news on the backtracking thing. From what I've read, it'll be a direct sequel to Aliens. And it might be an alternative timeline or it might take place between Aliens and Alien 3.
Personally, I don't care, and with the plothole fest that is Prometheus, I don't understand why you do.

Always a good and interesting story, good cast, great special effects and the right amount of blood.
So with his skills, Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn and who knows else, I'm pretty sure this will be better than Prometheus.
I didn't think much of Elysium to be honest... But I do think Blomkamp is a quality director and I'm really looking forward to this chapter of the Alien franchise.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:

What problems or questions do you have with Prometheus? Perhaps I can answer them.

A lot of people don't think Elysium is that great. He's even making excuses for it now. And so far word about his new movie is mixed I think. It's not a movie I'm jumping to see. I think there are a lot of other directors who could do a good job on an Alien movie. I just don't want to see some stupid contrivance to get Ripley back to the point of right after Aliens. If it's via CGI makeup or some clone / time travel thing. It's all wrong to get back to something most know was good but executives thought to go in another direction years ago.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
What problems or questions do you have with Prometheus? Perhaps I can answer them.
Same as everybody else, I guess.
Mostly the lack of logic and all the vague stuff.
There are no definite answers, only guesses and theories.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Same as everybody else, I guess.
Mostly the lack of logic and all the vague stuff.
There are no definite answers, only guesses and theories.
You have to tell me the problems. There are a lot of people that get Prometheus. That understand the actions of the characters. The only thing truly vague and kind of dumb is how the black ooze works. But that is one of those for the connection to Alien things in the movie.

I read somewhere that Ridley Scott wanted to make an origin of life or humanity movie. The studio wouldn't go for it. But they would if he made that an Alien movie. So that's what we got.

I'm far more excited for a Prometheus sequel than whatever Alien / Aliens sequel they have planned. I just think after two movies that showed Ripley's death and death of clones. There is no good creative way to keep those movies and have a logical sequel to Aliens. Alien and Aliens were solid sci-fi horror movies. Do you really want to see Star Trek stuff making it into that universe?