Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
For Vendetta

Sam Raimi talks!

At the press conference for “30 Days of Night”, producer Sam Raimi wet horror-fans appetites with some updates on upcoming Ghost House Pictures – Raimi’s horror production company – releases.

According to Raimi, there’s a “Grudge 3” on the way (the script has been written); a “Rise 2” (he’s unsure whether Michael Chiklis and Lucy Liu will reprise their roles) and yes, he still plans to remake “Evil Dead” – just not for a while, while Jeff Lynch is writing a new curse movie, titled "Drag Me to Hell".

An original project, “Monkey’s Paw”, about a father who innocently brings home a mysterious artifact rumored to grant wishes, only to see its magical powers go awry and cause misadventures with every wish his family makes, is in the scripting stages.

Raimi also explained about a “30 Days of Night” sequel. “It is very different but I don't know if there is going to be a sequel to 30 DAYS OF NIGHT nor do I know, if there was, if it would be based upon that. We'd have to see if it's successful at the box office and see if people really want to see a sequel. And if they do then I'd probably huddle with Ben [Templesmith] and Steve [Niles] and my partner, Rob [Tapert], and figure out what they thought it should be. Mostly I want to stay true, if there was a sequel, to the books. I think that's what got us there in the first place."

One guy likely to return for a sequel, should it happen, is Ben Foster. "We love Ben and we love (Ben's character) The Stranger," the film’s screenwriter Brian Nelson says. "I'll just tantalizingly say it is possible you might see more of The Stranger in the future."

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=1619

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200710...ing_horro.html

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/10178

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-ne...f-night-sequel
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
~¤Nevermore¤~

Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six? And, as much as I loathe the idea of an Evil Dead remake, who better to do it than Raimi himself?

Edgar
Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

To tell you the gods honest truth. I want him to make a Spiderman 4. Im a comic-geek, and I peticularly love Marvel. So I'm all for another Spidey movie. I hope this one has the Sinister Six because more than one bad guy (true bad guy, not a pissed off whiney friend like in 2 and 3).
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six?
He did make his views public on that point. Of course he explained that his enthusiasm and excitement over the Spider Man franchise had gone down a bit, and he would like someone to write a script which would involve either 1-2/ or all 3 of them mentioned above.

In his words, "the script for the fourth installment should be good enough to intrigue me." Apparently he himself wasnt satisfied with things in Spider Man 3.

This might be a good chance for aspiring script writers to woo the man himself.

(Are you reading this, Sean...errrr Rod?;))
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I'd like it if someone could breath life into the Spiderman Franchise. The Sinister Six were my favourite villains from the comics/ 90's Saturday morning cartoon. I'm kinda hoping they are used in the new movie, if there is one.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Evil Puppy

If they do a sequel to 30 Days of Night it should be based on the Rumors of the Undead novel. Great stuff there.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I'd like it if someone could breath life into the Spiderman Franchise. The Sinister Six were my favourite villains from the comics/ 90's Saturday morning cartoon. I'm kinda hoping they are used in the new movie, if there is one.
The latest rumor is that Carnage will be in this one. It will be a darker, meaner version of Spider Man (totally unlike the first 3)...and they might set up another villain in this too. (keep your fingers crossed for the Sinister Six)

Which means the Venom symbiote may expect a return. No word yet on Maguire, Dunst or Raimi returning.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
If they had Venom, Carnage and the Sinister 6 then I would be there even without Dunst and maybe replaced Spidey with Jake Gyellenhall.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
Wasn't he considering Spider Man 4 with a new set of villains - Vulture, Electro and the Sinister Six? And, as much as I loathe the idea of an Evil Dead remake, who better to do it than Raimi himself?

Edgar
I'm skeptical on whether I would watch a remake, like you said though, the best person to remake it would be Raimi.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
If by original, you mean all new idea, then it isn't. The Monkey's Paw is an old story that I've heard countless times. But you probably don't and by original you mean a film about the old story. If not, look at the simpsons!

Of course, like I said, I may have misinterpreted, in which case, forget this post.

The Ferrets like it...