Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Grrrr.....

Send a message via Yahoo to ENTITY2000
Quote:
Originally posted by tarcher80
what didn't you like about it?
it wasn't suppose to serious, it was a dark comedy! duh!:p
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 AM
The Dork Knight

Two For The Money

I thought it was pretty damn good considering I thought it was going to try and be some kinda overly cool sports movie. Solid acting from a star cast including Pacino, McConaughey, Russo and Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold from Entourage.(I guess he's not that much of a star if I feel as though I have to not only give his show but also the name of his character, but hey, tv star..movie star, what's the fucking difference?) Pretty much everything's solid, acting, script, directing. Overall a good movie.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return

I'll agree that the CGI was awful, and that some of the acting wasnt great. I thought Ezra Godden [Paul] was great though, he really gave a realistic performance IMO.

The "plot hole" isnt really a plot hole when you look at the whole plot. Look at how resiliant/hard to kill all the Imbocans are. I think the fact that Paul was relatively unharmed shows the first hints of his transformation.

What do you mean by too much gore? Aside from the face skinning and Paul's burnt body, there really wasnt much gore at all.

Personally, I love Dagon. It's one of my all-time favourite horror films. Too bad you didnt like it:(

I didnt hate it either bro. For the first 30 or so minutes into the movie, I would easily have given it a 9, because by then I had totally settled myself into my seat and immersed into the movie.

But after then, it went sorta downhill. The pace got affected by a couple needless scenes, the cgi just wasnt to par, and the acting was awful. Gordon did his best with what he had, and because of the first half and the climax I give it 06/10.

For me it should have had better acting, decent cgi and some good and sound editing, and it would have at least 08/10 from me. Its a good movie with a great premise though. Sorry. :(
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
I just pulled Willow off the vhs shelf and watched it. I still love the whole concept. The brownies are funny to watch, and I think Bavmorda is one of the best wicked queens running.
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i always loved that movie ..

pity you didnt finish it - the end is a hoot.
As did I Urge. I think its an age thing on this one. Lots of fond memories watching this as a tyke. Haven't seen it in years, but i'm betting it didn't age to well.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
I just pulled Willow off the vhs shelf and watched it. I still love the whole concept. The brownies are funny to watch, and I think Bavmorda is one of the best wicked queens running.
Sorsha's hot.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
She was. That's probably why Val Kilmer married her after that movie:)
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

the time machine
red sonja
Old 06-28-2006, 04:33 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
the time machine
Which one? George Pal or Simon Wells?

Ive been thinking of watching the Pal version again, havent seen it in ages.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Evil Dead

Salvage;
I heard good things about this movie from... well, the cover. Hehe. official Selection always sounds good. So, when I got the DVD, I skimmed through it like I always do to make sure the disc worked. There's when I noticed it was very B-grade video and audio. Handheld camera, blurry video, shotty quality. I always get so made at independant film releasers when their DVDs look so bad, but the covers look so sweet. The video was very blurry, as if someone deinterlaced it bad or did heck knows what to it. Anyways, that was only in some scenes so the rest played fine. But as I was going to say - this fact made me not want to watch it. I felt "Oh great, another shit movie..." but the runtime is ultimately what convinced me to give it a chance. You see, I always give movies a full chance. I always watch them to the end no matter how bad or rotten they may be. For this reason, I won't just pop in any old movie. I want something that might seem even a little redeeming. The runtime on this wasless then 90 minutes, so I thought why not.

Good choice, bad choice? I don't know which to choose. I'll lean more toward good, but not fully there, y'know? It was an alright movie, but nothing to write home about. Not "Official Selection" worthy. But not a bad watch for a 1h 20m movie.

The acting wasn't entirely bad. The main lead was actually pretty decent. Not Hollywood material, but passable and definately way above-average in the B-Class world. Her "fear and tear" scenes - which are often done horribly in most cases, independant or otherwise - were actually pretty damn good. Some of the best. Her crying was very well done, and seem almost real. I'll say it was better then Natalie Portman's in V for Vandetta - I thought she sniffed and used her throat more then she need to, there was no real sobbing. But then again, Natalie's was probably more realistic to the majority of people - so maybe you should disregard that comment. Natalie deserves Best Actress, the girl in this film doesn't... hehe.

The gore was done well. There's wasn't entirely a lot, but when it was shown it looked pretty good. A nice dark, nearly black blood ala High tension is my favourite. The watery classic-style red just seems fake whether it looks like the blood we bleed or not. There was a scene when this was used, but I'm going to ignore it and stick with the scene of the boyfriend in the back of the truck. Positive thoughts, now.

Alongside gore, I 100% honestly thought this movie had some really creepy scenes. I don't know why, but it's sort of tapping into my own fears. Y'know... the fear that someone is there, looking at you, around you, you just can't see it. That alone feeling where you make sure to check around every corner, in the closet, make sure to peer behind the shower certain apon entering the bathroom? Ok, honestly I do all those things when I'm all alone. Hehe. Go me!

The ending, well... it wasn't exactly bad. I was expecting a nice big twist, but it seemed to fall on it's face. I could have done better without the final scene of her in the convience store. That ruined my whole little psycho-analytical ending interpretation.

/// SPOILED MILK
Like, I thought the ending sort of meant... the killer was actually the girl all along. Like, the girl didn't exist sort of like in identity. She was sort of created by the killer's mind in order to feel more like a victim so he didn't have to feel bad about killing. The girl's various deaths could have all been the killer's actual kills. She acted as a witness to his events, even though she was him. Y'know? Ok, I'm being confusing but technically so was this interpretation of the ending. It would have been good if that's what was intended but I have a feeling I just bullshitted this answer out and it really wouldn't work because it's filled with plot holes. But what'ev.

I don't feel like I wasted my time, so... win? I guess?

---

Oldboy tonight, and Vertigo tomorrow day. X-Men 3 and SUPAHMHEN tomorrow night.

Last edited by joshaube; 06-28-2006 at 05:16 PM.