Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2005, 07:51 AM
BH14

Shaun of the Dead, Evil Dead and Return of the Living Dead... I would consider those movies to be the so called horror/comedies... But I wouldnt consider LOTD to be a comedy. I didnt think it was that funny but it had its funny moments. Its a zombie horror movie.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 07-10-2005, 07:51 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ya know, in general, I dont mind n00bs. Its the ones without a sence of humor that get on my nerves:p

Lighten up DP:)
Old 07-10-2005, 07:52 AM
darknessprevail

sry i was pissed off when I woke up
Old 07-10-2005, 07:54 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by darknessprevail
sry i was pissed off when I woke up
No prob...Im usually pissed in the mornings too:p
Old 07-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Hellraiser

Re: Land of the Dead? A comedy?

Quote:
Originally posted by darknessprevail
I know all zombie movies are generally funny without meaning to be, but is this supposed to be a comedy? Maybe a take-off like Shaun of Dead? And has George Romeo made any other comedies, assuming this is a comedy?

Land of the Dead a comedy? In which parts are you referring to?

It had some unique scenes..NOT many. The "Flowers in the .." -fireworks, and the "headless" zombie that ends up still biting someone. I know, it sounds confusing, but once you see it, you'll understand. For me, the movie was not at all a comedy, just very sad. (disappointing) And flopped at the box office. Hasn't to date even reached 20 mil., and has already stopped being played at many theaters.
Zombies are dead.
Lets see some new ideas out of hollywood for a change
Old 07-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Tenant

Re: Re: Land of the Dead? A comedy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vempire
Land of the Dead a comedy? In which parts are you referring to?

It had some unique scenes..NOT many. The "Flowers in the .." -fireworks, and the "headless" zombie that ends up still biting someone. I know, it sounds confusing, but once you see it, you'll understand. For me, the movie was not at all a comedy, just very sad. (disappointing) And flopped at the box office. Hasn't to date even reached 20 mil., and has already stopped being played at many theaters.
Zombies are dead.
Lets see some new ideas out of hollywood for a change
Dude. Shut up. Zombie movies definately aren't dead. We just need a good one.

Land of the Dead was a zombie horror movie with some comical moments, just like every other Romero zombie flick (aside from maybe Night).
Old 07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
The Dork Knight

It's a horror not a comedy. All horror films for the most part have their funny parts some more than others doesn't mean it's a comedy.....

example- Evil Dead:horror movie with numerous comedic parts, Halloween:horror movie with very few comedic parts.
Shaun of the Dead: Flat out comedy/horror.

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 07-10-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
DoTH was funny...well...had hillarious parts. Personally I love horror movies with a sense of humor. This movie had its funny scenes too. Personally I loved Pilsbury.

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. "
- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Re: Re: Re: Land of the Dead? A comedy?

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Dude. Shut up. Zombie movies definately aren't dead. We just need a good one.
They're GETTIN' to be dead. The well's been tapped I'd say, and I think there should be a short hiatis before anyone comes out with anymore. I mean, what more can you DO?

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Evil Dead

Most (but not all) Horror movies have some comedic bits in it...It's called comic relief. It is often used to bring the viewer back down from the tension felt from a given scene or to set up a scene coming up. There are very few horror, thriller, Sci-Fi, suspense, or action movies that don't use varying amounts of comedy relief within them.

The basic idea is that film makers don't believe that making the moviegoer sit through a constant 90+ minute attack of tension without some form of temporary rescue (usually in the form of comedy/dark comedy) is benificial to the movie, profits, moviegoer enjoyment and multiple viewings. Think about every horror film you have ever watched - 99% of them used some form of comedy to break the tension after a edge of your seat scene. Just some movies may use more than others. Even the Exorcist used comedy - very little - but it's there.

Here are just a few examples:

The Exorcist - Damien Karras is in his room drunk after his Mother dies. His Priest buddy come in and during the scene asks where he got the booze. The reply was that he took it off of an Alter Boy. Same scene when his buddy takes off his shoes states "stealing is a sin." Very small bit of comedy relief but that was all it needed.

Exorcist 3 George C. Scott talking about the fish in his bathtub.

Jaws - Several different bits of comedy relief in this was stated by Hooper. Chief Brody stating "we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Dawn of the Dead (Original) - The Funny mall music was used to create breathing time for the audience every now and then. The rednecks shooting at the Zombies "...missed him...got him..." scene.

Last edited by Tat2; 07-10-2005 at 09:43 PM.