Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
You're really not going to give into that whole

"everybody is entitled to their opinion and it's nothing more than the individual's personal thoughts about the particular topic which is perfectly fine if it's different because no two people are alike and that's what makes the world interesting and not a boring place full of robots"

thing are you?
I am entitled to my opinion and that is not liking other people's opinions :D

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Look, don't take this the wrong way, I like you, and don't want to turn this into thread fight buulshit, but I have one thing to say.

I dont think it's fair to be calling us stubborn when you and Return (if you do, in fact, think like Return, as you said) can't appreciate Romero's attempt for humor mixed into the horror in the original 'Dawn'. I dont think we're being stubborn, I think you're being stubborn. Maybe it didn't have some of the special FX of 'Land', but it was Romero. 'Land' just isn't Romero, it was rushed, weak, and really not very good.

Now with that said, don't wig out on me here, 'cause I really have a lot of respect for both you and Return.

Thank you, I'm done. :)
Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first too say "I'm stabborn". Also, I think 'Dawn of the dead' is one of the greatest horror movies ever! But its HIGHLY overrated, but thats okay. it is still a very good movie.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kreech
Also, "virus-parasite" is somewhat redundant. But i'm not going to flame in a movie disscussion, so i won't bother pointing out several other things you said that i disagree with.

The remake of Dawn is one of the best zombie films in a while, even though it was not as good as the origional. For me, i'd wrather see the remake of Dawn than see Land of the Dead again.
Redundant or not, its true. but maybe you're a republican. hahaha

the Remake of Dawn was just as much as a action movie as LOTD. The Actors were much worse, plus it had no message, no meaning, no point. just too take you're money for a hour and a half of zombie fun.

Flame me all you want, I don't care. and disagree all you want. Its called a "Discussion".

Last edited by Deposable; 06-27-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kreech
Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable

Redundant or not, its true. but maybe you're a republican. hahaha

the Remake of Dawn was just as much as a action movie as LOTD. The Actors were much worse, plus it had no message, no meaning, no point. just too take you're money for a hour and a half of zombie fun.

Flame me all you want, I don't care. and disagree all you want. Its called a "Discussion".
I'm not a Republican, i'm just a sweet transvestite.

I really thought the actors in the remake of Dawn were a lot better than the ones in Land. Actualy, it was simply the mellowdramatic, bad acting in Land that made me not like the movie. Action... yeah, they both had about the same amount. I'd trade action and violence for great acting and plot anyday though. That's just me.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by Kreech
I'm not a Republican, i'm just a sweet transvestite.

I really thought the actors in the remake of Dawn were a lot better than the ones in Land. Actualy, it was simply the mellowdramatic, bad acting in Land that made me not like the movie. Action... yeah, they both had about the same amount. I'd trade action and violence for great acting and plot anyday though. That's just me.
I don't wanna touch that first part.

Yeah, the actors were better in the Dawn remake... and it had more action. But what real plot was in it? "We're trapped in a mall and we need to get away... to anywhere." It took away the real message of the original, which is why it wasn't as good. The whole fact that the zombies RAN in the remake decimated the whole glossy, awestruck look of the zombies as they went in all the stores.

Land has a plot, and a pretty good message too. The problem is that the flick IS rushed, so you have to dig deep and find the little lines. The ending... yeah its a bit lame, but kinda poignant too. The fact that these "monsters" are trying to find themselves just like the humans is perfect for the struggles America is going through right now.

Just my opinion.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 AM
The REAL Jason!

Send a message via AIM to Jason Hodder
I liked this movie enough to see it twice opening weekend. First showing on Friday and with my friends on Sunday. I really enjoyed it a lot. I agree with some of the statements that were made about it being rushed, time wise. I think that when it is released on DVD with an unrated version people will like it better. I'm sure there were a lot of things cut to get past the MPAA.

For those that are on myspace.com I'm going to have a review of this movie up on my site.

From Tuesday through Thrusday before the release I rewatched all the Dead series (original & remakes). This is my list

1) Day of the Dead - After watching it again it became my fvorite, I love Bub.

2) Night of the Living Dead (original) - First horror movie I saw at 5 years old, holds a special place in my heart.

3) Dawn of the Dead (origianl) - Love the message. A lot of fun to watch. Also the European version has the best audio commentary I've ever heard with the main cast.

4) Dawn of the Dead (remake) - I really enjoyed this movie. I thought as a remake it wasn't anything great but as a straight up horror movie, it was the best in a long time. I was hoping it would suck but I was surprised at how good it was. I wasn't pissed that the zombies were running like I tought I would be.

5) Night of the Living Dead (remake) - A very good remake loved that it was written by Romero and directed by Savini. Not as good as the remake of Dawn, but can stand up on it's own.

6) Land of the Dead - Review will be up, but putting it at 6th doesn't mean I didn't like it. I would give it a 7 out of 10 and can't wait for the DVD.

Also, I am interested to see how the Day remake is going to be. Night was good, Dawn was really good, and if the remakes get better then this will be great, but we will have to wait and see.

"Kick him in the nards!" - Sean

"Wolfman doesn't have nards!" - Fat kid

"Do it!" - Sean

:whack:

"Wolfman's got nards." - Fat kid
Old 06-28-2005, 08:55 AM
threadkiller

land is basically an action movie....with some zombies....that main actor....the pretty guy....i think he had his own show on tv....the profiler or sum crap....he's lame....dawn remake was twice as good.....actually i think i enjoyed ghosts of mars better.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by majorbludd
ghosts of mars.

lol

That movie was really bad. They totally re-use some parts more than once. (The show the same exact clip of all the aliens monster dudes running into battle at least twice in the film.) That's the only one I've caught, but then again I've only seen the movie twice and the second time I was only half watching.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:48 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
I saw this the day it came out and just watched it again and i am in love with this movie. It is utterly impossinble for me to pick a favorite Dead film. To me they are all one big movie. you gotta respect romero for honing his ideas for so long and not cashing in until he knew he had what he needed to make the movie.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
BH14

SPOILER***************

Just saw this movie today in a theatre full of 9 people... For real... Anyways, its better than i thought because of the mixed reviews... I liked John Leguizamo's character and Argento's character... I thought they did good jobs. The main character was ok (kinda boring). And Hopper seemed liked he had 2 lines the whole movie. I was cracking up when Hopper said "Quick get down" to that guy and then shot him in the head. For some reason, I like to see zombies evolving whether it being running (like DOTD 2004) or getting somewhat smarter. Everything has to evolve somewhat so why not zombies. I remember someone said "zombies cant swim"... thats true but they dont breath either so they can cross the river. So I liked the plot since its the Aftermath of zombies takeover.... Its not just a "kill buncha zombies, see lot of gore and the end!".... There was lot of gore in this movie i thought anyways...I will pick this movie up on DVD.

I give it an 8/10... right on par with DOTD 2004. I think its a worthy movie to the series.... And i liked it better than Day of the Dead.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 07-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable

so whats wrong with an hour and a half of mindless zombie fun? does it have to have a pertinent message to be a good zombie flick?

i saw LOTD friday night and i really enjoyed myself. i liked bakers character and ,surprisngly enough, leguizamos character. i say surprisingly because i have never liked john leguizamo. i liked the progression of the zombies and i thought it was a nice, new, fresh take on the zombie genre. but thats just my opinion.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by jedicow
i say surprisingly because i have never liked john leguizamo.
I think John Leguizamo is an incredible actor. He just picks shitty roles sometimes (The Pest).

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.