Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
they still suck:D

Vikings - Moss= even more pathetic.
No way man! This is our year!

We are buffing up our defense big time right now and letting go of Moss freed up a ton of room for more salaries. I don't think they are done making moves yet and I'm already liking the way this season's shaping up.

Mark my words.... This will be the year of the Vikings.

P.S. Last year was great. I don't even acare that we didn't win it all. I was just overjoyed that we beat Brett Favre and his fudgePackers sorry asses at Lambeau and knocked them out of the playoffs. A Super Bowl win would have been secondary to that anyways...
Old 03-25-2005, 03:46 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
No way man! This is our year!

We are buffing up our defense big time right now and letting go of Moss freed up a ton of room for more salaries. I don't think they are done making moves yet and I'm already liking the way this season's shaping up.

Mark my words.... This will be the year of the Vikings.

P.S. Last year was great. I don't even acare that we didn't win it all. I was just overjoyed that we beat Brett Favre and his fudgePackers sorry asses at Lambeau and knocked them out of the playoffs. A Super Bowl win would have been secondary to that anyways...

ok screw it, Beauty Shop is going to flop(hey that rhymed) anyway...

The Vikings are nothing without Randy Moss, It's been awhile so I'm not completely sure but I think they were 6-1 then Moss got hurt and they sucked as a matter of fact they sucked with him just a whole lot less. I can't even keep track of how many games they would've loss if Moss didn't catch a 70 yard touchdown over 3 guys. Point is they suck.

As for the Packers they're better than the Vikings they were last year and they will be this year. Favre threw two interceptions that Javon Walker and Donald Driver ran the wrong routes on and once again Moss did all the damage, Favre is better than Culpepper-Green is infinately better than any of their backs I could go on but I think you get the picture. You're saying it's their year, I say they wont even make the playoffs.
Packers,Falcons,Eagles,Panthers,Rams.

I ecspect the Saints and Seahawks to have thier acts together next year but if they don't the Vikings may be able to slip in but once again I doubt it.

To everyone else, sorry about all the Football talk It's over now.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:49 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
I could make a movie about an Italian boxer but that doesn't mean it's going to have the appeal of Rocky.

This is true but if Stallone made a spin off about his son and advertised it right then it would have the same appeal as Rocky.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
This is true but if Stallone made a spin off about his son and advertised it right then it would have the same appeal as Rocky.
I'm sorry, is Ice Cube in Beauty Shop? Because that's the only way that analogy would hold any water. Stallone made Rocky popular so if he made a new one, then it might sell. You're right about that part. But Queen Latifah did not make the Barber Shop movies (She wasn't even really a main character.) So the analogy is flawed.

The fact that it's a spinoff of a popular movie doesn't mean anything. Daredevil opened to $40 million it's first weekend. It's spinoff, Elektra, opened to $12. (Despite the fact that comic book movies were and are wildly popular at the moment kinda like Diary of a Mad Black Woman is right now. Hmm...)

Anyways, we shall see what happens. And when I'm right, I will be back to gloat. ;)

P.S. There is no doubt that Randy Moss is one of the best receivers in the NFL, but he also brings a LOT of negative baggage to a team (And a hefty price tag.) Whether it's walking off the field with time on the clock, walking off the line of scrimmage when the play isn't coming to him, mooning the Green Bay fans (That was awesome!) or pushing a parking cop around Minneapolis with the front of his car, he is a problem. The Vikings are going to be better off without him.

As far as the Packers... Favre's pill-popping ass has another year (two) at best. Ahman Green may have been better than any running backs on the Vikes at the high point of his career, but he is injury prone and aging now. The Vikes have good young backs that would be on the verge of becoming superstars if we could just get rid of our injury prone guy, Michael Bennett. Mewelde Moore is awesome and he's only in his second year. Watching him carry is like watching a young Barry Sanders. And Onterrio Smith is like greased lightning when he gets a hole. The problem is that we have a total dumbass for a coach and he fails to see that he should have got rid of Bennett too while he was cleaning house.

Our defense has already improved by about 100% in the off-season. I'm just looking for us to pick up 1 more receiver this season. (We've got Oakland's #1 draft pick now so maybe we'll draft one.)

P.S. When I say it's "our year", don't take it too seriously. I am a die-hard fan and I say that every year no matter how we are looking.

P.S.S. Hating the Packers is in my blood, don't take offense.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:35 AM
The Dork Knight

Hating the Vikings and Bears is in my blood.

Moss is one of the best recievers in the league is an understatment, he is the best and saying the Vikings will be better off without him is like saying the Oilers would've been better off without Gretzky.

I could careless about Favre popping pills, I don't know if he still does it or not but it's really irrelivent he's still Brett Favre there isnt' anybody else in the NFL who analist look at and say his team has a chance simply because they have him(if you don't believe me do the research they've said it every year since '95). I can't believe the nerve you have to tell me about my analogies then actually allow yourself to compare Moore to Barry Sanders that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Mike Tice is a good coach he just makes bad decisions sometimes which all coaches do. Ahman Green is 28 running backs don't start to wear until 30 and Curtis Martin and Emmit Smith proved that not to be altogether true.

Mewelde Moore is like watching Barry Sanders?:confused: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that, sure they have the same style but the same effect I don't think so. LBs have the same style Ray Nitsky did but they aren't as good,QBs have the same style Marino did but they aren't as good get my drift?

p.s.
saying that their D is 100% improved isn't saying alot

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 03-25-2005 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 AM
The Dork Knight

As for the Sin City vs. Beauty Shop thing just forget about it you misunderstood the last thing I said about it but it doesn't matter. I want Sin City to do well I'm going to see it Friday or Saturday night myself.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:04 AM

Moss is THE best when he's trying. Which is only about 50% of the time. The other 50% he stands there like a lazy millionaire that doesn't feel like running a route if the pass isn't going to him. Let me clarify this, I have always liked Randy. He's great for entertainment value, but when you have someone who thinks and acts like they are superior to everyone else on the field, that does not help your team. Randy is all about "me, me, me." (or "him, him, him" as the case me be.) Oakland will find that out soon enough, but he will actually probably fit in pretty well over there with those rowdies.

But you are right. It's hard to say the Vikes will be better off without him. I should have said that I don't think his departure will really hurt us that badly because along with the negative of losing the best active receiver in football, there comes a nice handful of positives. (Which I have already mentioned earlier.) That would have been closer to what I was actually trying to say.

Of course the analysts have been saying it for 10 years. Any time Favre plays on national tv, they are swinging from his jockstrap from kickoff to game's end like he is God's gift to football. :rolleyes: That's nothing new. I think John Madden would turn gay in an instant if Favre wanted a piece.

As for Moore to Sanders... Obviously Mewelde Moore isn't anywhere near Barry Sanders in terms of greatness, but Moore's only going into his third year and hasn't really been given a chance to shine. All I was saying is that at this early stage in his career he has already shown very explosive potential. Sizewise, speedwise, and the potential for explosive plays equals me saying he is as exciting to watch as a young Barry Sanders because they are both very exciting to watch. Too bad Moore doesn't get the time. I really think he could be a star. Oh well, I suppose Bennett will get hurt by Week 4 and then he'll get his chance to shine again. So to clarify, Moore is no Sanders in terms of greatness, but he is just as exciting to watch and with proper coaching could be one of the greats.

Mike Tice is the worst coach in the league when it comes to the simplest coaching basics... He throws bad challenges constantly and his clock managment skills are the worst I've seen! I never liked Denny Green because he was strictly a 'by-the-numbers' kind of coach and didn't ever seem to play with his heart. Well, Tice plays with his heart, but he's just a dumbfuck and does it stupidly. We had Tony Dungy in our system and let him get away to keep Denny Green. :rolleyes:

P.S. Your Oilers-Gretzky analogy made me laugh.

P.S.S. Are you from Wisconsin or something? What's with your love of the Packers?
Old 03-25-2005, 06:14 AM

We shouldn't have hijacked this thread. This was one of the good ones. (But we should go and randomly hijack some newbies thread and carry on this football discussion there. What do ya say?)

Okay, as for this thread....

back on topic again...

Sin City looks really good.... (Way better than Beauty Shop. :p )
Old 03-25-2005, 06:20 AM

Yo STE! We've hit a minor snag in our bet. Beauty Shop opens 2 days before Sin City and I just found that out. Considering it will have almost twice as much time , that doesn't exactly seem like a straight wager anymore. lol
Old 03-25-2005, 06:21 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
We shouldn't have hijacked this thread. This was one of the good ones. (But we should go and randomly hijack some newbies thread and carry on this football discussion there. What do ya say?)
good idea

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 03-25-2005 at 06:23 AM.