Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Scarlett as Talia? Sounds kind of risky. Bruce Willis would make a cool Lex Luthor, though. Martian material is also good.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

ive got my fingers crossed at tom welling as superman..... just let the dude be in the film CW please.... poor guy.... and with jla storyline in smallville it makes sense

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
With the casting issues and lack of interest from Bale...to me...the best possible scenario would be to just take it from Smallville and uses the young characters/actors from the show. Superman, Aqua(man), Cyborg, Flash, Green Arrow...run with that, add a young Wonder Woman, and a young Batman, has limitless sequel possibilities. I don't see any of the big names (other than possibly Reynolds as the Flash) getting on board for this. Though I think its chances are thin, I would personally love to see this movie come off.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

I heard that it would be an animated cgi film with voice-overs. Is this true?

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane_Hodder View Post
I heard that it would be an animated cgi film with voice-overs. Is this true?
Its a live-action movie. Actors and actresses would be in it, except for certain sequences which will be CGI-based (ala Beowulf, The Matrix etc.).

The casting is going on right now in 3 cities as we speak. More details soon.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
The casting is going on right now in 3 cities as we speak. More details soon.
thanks.... gotta have my movie info :D

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
For Vendetta

September 10, 2007

According to Obsessed with Film, the much-talked about “Justice League” film is set to lens in Australia.

No big surprise, I suppose, considering Aussie George Miller (“Mad Max”, “Happy Feet”) is directing the movie.

And Miller has roped in some true professionals to help prep the production – “Nikki Barrett (Baz Luhrmann’s Australia, The Proposition) [has been] hired to handle the casting in Australia. Ronna Kress (Beowulf, The Mummy 3) will oversee the entire casting process. Oscar-winner Barrie M. Osborne (The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix) will take on producing duties; he’ll be joined by Miller’s partner Doug Mitchell.”

Now that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll be seeing Aussies playing the main heroes but it’s likely to open up a few doors for local actors in the supporting actor arena.

With ‘’Wolverine’’ about to start filming down under and now ‘’Justice League of America’’, Australia’s gonna see an influx of crime hitting Sydney in the next few months…. But thankfully, some tighted heroes are on hand to combat the seedy and scummish.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

This movie is probably going to fail, although I hope it doesn't. The problem with it is, its going to have so many great heros and only an hour and a half to work with them, obviously the comic works out fine because issues come out monthly, but the movie is going to have to sacrifice time building a background for at least the more unknown heros(to those who know nothing more about comic super heros other than the movies). which means they will have less time being able to focus on the actual story.
I am a true fan of JLA and I hope the movie turns out awesome, i just don't think it will.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
For Vendetta

IESB.net claims that Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling (Fracture) is rumored to be Warner Bros.' first choice to play Batman in their planned live-action Justice League of America movie.

The site adds, however, that it cannot confirm this and that they don't know if Gosling has been approached or is even interested. That said, he is reportedly the studio's favorite to don the cowl in the superhero team-up flick.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
For Vendetta

September 20, 2007

After months of rumors online, George Miller has been confirmed as the director of Warner Bros.' planned live-action Justice League of America movie, which will go before cameras by early 2008.

Variety reports that JLA, "which is in the initial phases of casting, is a pre-strike priority for the studio, which needs a superhero tentpole in 2009." JLA will not be a motion-capture film as previously reported, but rather an effects heavy live-action film.

JLA has proven to be a complicated process for Warners given its already established Batman and Superman franchises. Variety confirmed that "the next installment in the Superman franchise has taken a backseat to Justice League in part because Warners is so keen on the Justice League script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney."

The JLA roster will reportedly include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman. As for casting, Variety's sources informed them that Christian Bale and Brandon Routh probably won't be in the film as Batman and Superman, respectively.

There's still a very distinct possibility, however, that JLA could fall apart in the next few months. As Variety points out, "The project is so complicated -- and casting dependent -- that even those deeply involved in the project are holding their breath until production begins."