Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Horroritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Good luck for that, could be an interesting 24 hours!
Well this is the situation so far. The people from the bank showed up today and physically took ownership. The one good manager we had has decided to follow the idiot owner into his next great failure. With her gone we lose two maybe three from the desk, our only shuttle driver, two of the three housekeepers we have left, our maintenance guy, most likely the restaurant staff. That will leave us with two or three (depending on who walks) left on the desk, and one housekeeper who's only english consists of "it's ok".

From what I hear so far, they are offering anyone who stays a 10% raise. Although they aren't going to take taxes out of our checks which means I have to pay out in the end, not sure if I want the hassle.

On the other hand, with everyone quitting they are going to need someone who knows what they are doing. I could be in a good spot if they don't end up closing it down.

I guess I'll see what happens.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Guadalupe View Post
Although they aren't going to take taxes out of our checks which means I have to pay out in the end, not sure if I want the hassle.
Just make quarterly estimated tax payments, it's not TOO bad.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Just make quarterly estimated tax payments, it's not TOO bad.
Yeah, that's something I'll have to look into (tax prep is my job ;))...I told him to give it a shot and see what happens...I expect him to ride it out to the end, if it ends...If the new owners actually get it all sorted out so that it can start turning a profit again (which of course is their goal, since they have so much invested in it already) he will be in a very good position...And...The hotel will have to do some massive hiring.

Like Scouse said, a very "interesting 24 hours"...And then an equally interesting next few weeks.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Horroritis

Just found out that another desk clerk has decided to stay, at least for a while. I feel a little better about the situation now. She is one of the few that really knows what she's doing.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Guadalupe View Post
Just found out that another desk clerk has decided to stay, at least for a while. I feel a little better about the situation now. She is one of the few that really knows what she's doing.
AND...She's married to the shuttle driver...So that means he'll stay, too :)
Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Horroritis

So far so good. I haven't met the new boss yet, but so far everyone likes him. Everyone except for the old manager's grandaughter, but she's immature and lacks respect for everyone so she won't last long.

They tell that he was in here earlier passing out cash and credit cards so each department could get the supplies they needed, that really is a nice change. I hear he has all sorts of plans to get this place up and running again.

I'm curious to see how this works out.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Cranky

Awesome news. Good luck!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Lately, I've known a lot of people getting short, fake jumps. Myself included. The bank charged me a $180 overdraft that they fixed, putting my account into a positive but told me they filed the paperwork when they hadn't yet. I got a rice crispy treat from the speedway and overdrafted again. Then I called and it got fixed again. Then, I had nightmares for days on end that I had done my girlfriend's taxes wrong and then received a rejected notice, because it turned out I forgot to list the cents column of last year's income. Then, I thought I'd lost a job I was working on, but it turned out somebody else was being reprimanded and I got the email.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Cranky

Man- what a bunch of nightmares!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Man- what a bunch of nightmares!
I can't tell at this point if I prefer a real mess to a bunch of tiny little immature fakeouts. That's just the writer and fan in me, though. "I paid 9 bucks for this lazy bullshit? Oh...it's not a movie..." But, glad you got your job back, Dude, astrological stuff had been pointing to weird conflicts for Cancers that work out okay.