Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I would have preferred the book as 2 movies and not 3. 1 seems like it would be way too jam-packed, and 3 seems too spread out.
I disagree completely. I think Jackson spread the stories of LOTR and The Hobbit perfectly in 3 movies each. If he would have made only 2 movies for each series, there would have been so much missing; possibly important facts that tie everything together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I respect your preference. I just don't understand it I guess. Probably because I'm a collector and because if i like a movie odds are I'll watch it again
I am the same way; however, I only collect movies I know for certain that I will watch more than once. I used to buy everything if it was cheap enough but that became too much.......I will always be an avid movie collector though. Some movies just have to be in my collection, examples: LOTR trilogy, Matrix trilogy, Godfather trilogy, Saw series, Harry Potter series, Hobbit trilogy, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Me either. In fact, I doubt I'll ever watch it again (unless friends are).

Avengers was awesome!!

Why do you guys buy so many films?
Because we are collectors!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
It was just another bland superhero movie to me.

Quote:
I thought it was really intense and scary. I'm definitely buying it on DVD. 9/10
Same here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

"The Interview" 7/10

Ballsy and batshit crazy.

A 9.7 rating from 46.246 users on IMDB, which is the most insane rating i've ever seen.

"Exodus: Gods and Kings" 8/10

I don't think Ridley Scott could've found 2 whiter people to play Moses and Ramses than Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton. Wtf? And a white kid to play God? WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

Nevertheless, if you're able to forget about religious history and peoples skin, you just might enjoy this movie as much as I did.
I want to see both of these movies, especially Exodus. Thank you for your opinion!!

As Above So Below

Finally watched this movie today and I really liked it all the way to the ending and then I was disappointed

Why do movies have to end like that?!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Evil Dead

I thought the ending was the best part. I dunno why no one else likes it.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I thought the ending was the best part. I dunno why no one else likes it.
Honestly, I don't know why it bugged me. I guess I was expecting something different??

Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 PM
That fucking Guy...

Annabelle.
I only recently saw, and was somewhat pleasantly surprised by "The Conjuring", so naturally I checked this out.
Didn't like it. Aside from the slightly shocking opening scenes, and maybe one more scene (basement) I found it almost completely lacking atmosphere.
The lead actress was more wooden than the doll. It wasn't interesting. There was no "Ahhh, so that's how it happened" factor at all. Bland movie.
I was honestly just waiting for this one to end.
I'll check out the second conjuring film when it comes out, but I'll hope it's better than this one was.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Evil Dead

I've heard everyone talking about a basement scene, but I don't remember one at all.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:14 PM
fanged menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Annabelle.
I only recently saw, and was somewhat pleasantly surprised by "The Conjuring", so naturally I checked this out.
Didn't like it. Aside from the slightly shocking opening scenes, and maybe one more scene (basement) I found it almost completely lacking atmosphere.
The lead actress was more wooden than the doll. It wasn't interesting. There was no "Ahhh, so that's how it happened" factor at all. Bland movie.
I was honestly just waiting for this one to end.
I'll check out the second conjuring film when it comes out, but I'll hope it's better than this one was.
i found it tedious too.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Fear the Goathammer

In the Mouth od Madness (1994)

I was really shocked how good this movie actually was. I never heard of it before, but I found it in a horror list in the internet so I gave it a shot. My girlfriend also saw this movie already, and she said that I should really watch this movie. And so I did, and it was an awesome experience. I never read Lovecraft before, but of course I see that this movie has taken its ideas largely from Lovecrafts works, and it convinced me to order Lovecraft books after. Great movie.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:36 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Why was my post deleted?
You misspelled "Den", so I had to delete your post.

Quote:
I would have preferred the book as 2 movies and not 3. 1 seems like it would be way too jam-packed, and 3 seems too spread out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I disagree completely. I think Jackson spread the stories of LOTR and The Hobbit perfectly in 3 movies each. If he would have made only 2 movies for each series, there would have been so much missing; possibly important facts that tie everything together
Yes, two films for Lord of the Rings would have left too much out. Actually, Jackson left too much out already, but it wasn't totally a time issue, there's scenes that are longer than they need to be, especially some battles, and the drawn out 'goodbye' sequence at the end of the Return of the King is painful.

I think the first one, Fellowship of the Ring, was the best. The pacing was excellent, and the character development & heart was generous & expertly engaging. All the other films really are lacking there. ( I own them all). I would have preferred the film series in four films, keeping as much rich detail from the novel as possible.

The 1st two Hobbit films suffer a bit from going too long on the SFX action sequences. They're really well done, it's just many go on too long, at the expense of rich story detail & character development.

Quote:
I've heard everyone talking about a basement scene, but I don't remember one at all.
Don't you remember... it's in a basement... there's a guy wearing purple pants and a yellow rumba man shirt... and the icecream cone... should ring a bell.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-27-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:45 PM

Sculpt[/QUOTE] Don't you remember... it's in a basement... there's a guy wearing purple pants and a yellow rumba man shirt... and the icecream cone... should ring a bell.[/QUOTE]

Were you into the absinthe tonight? (you are so adorable)

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 12-27-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Evil Dead

Interstellar (2014)

In a last plot to save mankind, a team of space explorers journey to distant worlds in order to create a colony.

This was an unimaginably beautiful, intriguing, and intense film. Despite being a three hour movie, it keeps your attention with twists, breathtaking imagery, and thought-provoking themes. If you have a developed attention span and an open mind, you'd be a fool to not see this. Interstellar is the best movie I've seen all year.

10/10

Tags
movie