Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Social Network (2010)

Seen this twice in theatres now...fucking love it. Best movie of 2010 that I've seen so far, easily.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Synthetic Flesh

X-Ray (AKA Hospital Massacre) (1982)

Watched this slasher tonight on a well-worn VHS.

Formulaic slasher movie that takes place almost entirely in a hospital. It really offers nothing unique to the genre, and has some really awful dialogue.

The killer's identity is revealed near the end, but is obvious from almost the very beginning.

There are a number of things that just don't make sense in this film - such as the fact that the lead actress, who is mistakenly thought to be seriously ill due to some switched X-rays, is inexplicably admitted to what appears to be a psychiatric ward. The X-ray envelope has her name wrongly labelled on it, however the films themselves evidently have no patient identification on them (if they did, the error would have been discovered immediately, and there would have been little point to the rest of the film).

The lead actress does, however, have some of the biggest puffy nipples that you have seen. :eek:
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Bad Natured

Hard Eight (1996). This smooth character study by Paul Thomas Anderson's debut flick expertly reveals the depth of his skills. First and foremost are the wonderfully protracted tracking scenes, complicated and mesmerizing. The story itself, a new-fangled take on Melville's Bob the Gambler, is pleasantly simple, allowing the characters to earn the care given the viewer. The dialog is sharp and believable, and while the character interactions reveal the paternal Sydney to be a step above his "adopted" children, there is still an element that something does not add up. Worry not, for such addition is all part of the director's plan, and the film's denouement gives it a much needed paroxysm of tension and elucidation, all with a final scene that is so simple that its symbolic depth can almost be tasted. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Cranky

Romance and Cigarettes.

You're going to either love or hate this film. I loved it. Written and directed by John Turturro, the plot has nothing to do with it's charm. The entire film is one big quirk. The characters are all off kilter and it's a musical no less. Amazing performances by James Gandolfino, Susan Sarandon, Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi, Elaine Stricht and a number of others.

Recommended to those who enjoy off the wall indie films- Fortunato, Chrono, MissM and others- if you haven't seen it, check it out.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

when in rome

doll man vs demonic toys

bitch slap

revenge of the ninja

russel brand in new york

monkey shines
Old 10-11-2010, 10:29 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
The Social Network (2010)

Seen this twice in theatres now...fucking love it. Best movie of 2010 that I've seen so far, easily.
I really want to see this. Unfortunately, the boyfriend does not. Would you mind it seeing it a third time and being my date? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Romance and Cigarettes.

You're going to either love or hate this film. I loved it. Written and directed by John Turturro, the plot has nothing to do with it's charm. The entire film is one big quirk. The characters are all off kilter and it's a musical no less. Amazing performances by James Gandolfino, Susan Sarandon, Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi, Elaine Stricht and a number of others.

Recommended to those who enjoy off the wall indie films- Fortunato, Chrono, MissM and others- if you haven't seen it, check it out.
Noted and added to my Netflix queue - Thanks for the rec. Been looking for some good movies lately, which leads me to MY Last Seen Movie...

The Mothman Prophecies

Thank you, NE, for pointing this movie out in the "Best PG 13 Horror Movies" Thread because, quite frankly, this movie was great. I'm a HUGE sucker for cryptozoology, and here's a movie that does a movie that does a cryptid legend well. Great direction, fantastic acting, and a solid script combines to create a good, creepy suspense-thriller. I absolutely loved it.

4.75/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Horseman
Brutal, brutal Australian revenge flick. It's biggest problem I feel is that it fails to provide much backstory on the characters so some of the extremely brutal revenge scenes feel unjustified.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Evil Dead

Piranha

This was trashy,gory dumb fun.The film succeeds in delivering gratutious nudity,excessive splatter,and cheap gags,and that's all it needed to do in order to keep me entertained. 7/10
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I really want to see this. Unfortunately, the boyfriend does not. Would you mind it seeing it a third time and being my date? ;)
But of course, m'lady. Just let me get my tux...oh wait, I'm already wearing it ;)
Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Return should make Penguin jokes more often.