Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Gore Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Did I watch the wrong movie because this was boring as hell. I typically like slower movies like The Babadook and The Exorcist, but at least stuff happened. It had a couple of creepy scenes here and there, but they were never really memorable. The "you're not my daughter scene" just left me with "eh, that was cool, I guess", as well as every other "scary" scene. I also predicted the ending within the first 30 minutes of the movie. This also felt like a very long movie because when the movie wasn't creepy, it was just a lot of uninteresting dialogue. I was expecting a good, suspenseful haunted house movie, but what I got was a forgettable drama.

4/10
nope, i gave it a 2/10 i think-saw it in the theaters and literally fell asleep
Old 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Did I watch the wrong movie because this was boring as hell. I typically like slower movies like The Babadook and The Exorcist, but at least stuff happened. It had a couple of creepy scenes here and there, but they were never really memorable. The "you're not my daughter scene" just left me with "eh, that was cool, I guess", as well as every other "scary" scene. I also predicted the ending within the first 30 minutes of the movie. This also felt like a very long movie because when the movie wasn't creepy, it was just a lot of uninteresting dialogue. I was expecting a good, suspenseful haunted house movie, but what I got was a forgettable drama.

4/10
Watch The Innocents. You might like that better.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Watch The Innocents. You might like that better.
What's that one about?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

Read a synopsis, and I can see the correlation. I'll watch it tonight.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:55 PM

HONEYMOON 2014

Newlyweds Bea and Paul honeymoon at Bea's family cottage. Its the off season so they are pretty isolated but this seems to suit them just fine.
One night Paul wakes up to find Bea missing and discovers her naked and disoriented in the woods. So starts their nightmare.

Bit of a numbing pace, definitely not on the edge of your seat kind of stuff, but enjoyable with a few little surprises.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Evil is Better

Gone Girl

This is one of the most interesting, intelligently crafted movie's i've ever seen. The plot keeps you guessing the whole way through and with it's many layers throws you around and messes with your head so you don't know what to think. Great story, great acting and phenomenal directing from Fincher. I loved how different it was from other movies with similar plots. I strongly recommend checking this out.

9/10

Found

So i thought this was going to be a movie about a boy finding out his brother is a serial killer and even though that is a major plot point, it's more about the main character's life and what he's going through. The little brother is a sad misunderstood picked on kid who is completely alone in life. The kids all pick on him, his friends abandon him, his parents treat him like shit, he's terrified to be in his own home, and the only person in his life he thought he could count on turns out to be a serial killer. Instead of a slasher movie we see how the boy is not only affected by the truth about his brother but whats going on with him mentally due to everything in his life. I really felt for the boy in this movie and genuinely cared for him. The serial killer storyline does come to a head with a big payoff at the end that actually does tie everything together if you can put yourself in the boys head and feel what he is going through. This actually could've been more of a drama then a horror movie but there are some pretty messed up parts like the VHS tape Headless he watched and of course the finale. Theres definitely some fucked up shit here but if really get into the kids head, there is a great and tragic story here.

8/10

Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 PM
ventricle

Absentia
3/10

Very slow and extremely subtle. If you really enjoy extremely subtle interactions between people you hardly know, and will hardly know by the end of the film, you may like this. There really wasn't enough characterization at all, core human characteristics for a film story, let alone within a plot framework, for me to care much about any of these characters. I didn't wish them any harm, but yeesh, their fictional, so who cares about a bunch of their subtle life moments?

The plot... oh my, now that was plodding. A little here, a little there, about this creature. Eighty percent of the Supernatural TV episodes were more interesting, intriguing, suspenseful, visually striking, creepy & scary. And at least those episodes had a sense of humor.

I just wanted the film to get on with it, have something happen, &/or say something meaningful. A couple things happened over the 87 minutes. It could barely fill a trailer. My life isn't dull enough to watch films like this.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:20 AM
That fucking Guy...

Cradle 2 the Grave.
Half asleep during this one, though not first time viewing.
Some nice action sequences in a relatively brainless film.
Personally out of Jet Lis US films, I preferred Romeo Must Die quite a lot.

Death Becomes Her.
Another one I put on as my brother had never seen it.
He enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. Had forgotten a lot of it. Funny movie.
Very Burtonesque. Still find the backwards head/broken neck walking around scene a little difficult to look at.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

Absentia
3/10

Very slow and extremely subtle. If you really enjoy extremely subtle interactions between people you hardly know, and will hardly know by the end of the film, you may like this. There really wasn't enough characterization at all, core human characteristics for a film story, let alone within a plot framework, for me to care much about any of these characters. I didn't wish them any harm, but yeesh, their fictional, so who cares about a bunch of their subtle life moments?

The plot... oh my, now that was plodding. A little here, a little there, about this creature. Eighty percent of the Supernatural TV episodes were more interesting, intriguing, suspenseful, visually striking, creepy & scary. And at least those episodes had a sense of humor.

I just wanted the film to get on with it, have something happen, &/or say something meaningful. A couple things happened over the 87 minutes. It could barely fill a trailer. My life isn't dull enough to watch films like this.
I wasn't impressed either. I thought it was unnecessarily slow... hardly anything happened. However, I think that when the movie wanted to be scary and creepy, it was.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Evil Dead

The Purge, best part of the flick was the masks!

Tags
movie