Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

not a big depp fan myself ...

a couple of things he's done here and there i like but i wont run to see his films ....and certainly not this one - other than for my kid.

the pirates franchise should have ended at #1 - before it became a franchise.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 AM
That fucking Guy...

Yup, couldn't agree more...unless you were talking about the Matrix.

I USED TO like Depp, and still think he's a pretty good actor. All of these deliberately over the top characters Wonka/Captain Jack/surely the Mad Hatter will be another case, kind of just wear thin for me.
It's not as though he hasn't done "unusual" characters before in not such an annoying fashion; Edward Scissorhands, Benny & Joon etc, and I used to quite like his range of films, but nowdays I couldn't be bothered with much he does.
Might check out public enemies just to see a bit more of a serious character portrayal (hoping), but even then I'll more than likely wait for the dvd.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
The 3rd ended up being my favorite. I think it took everything to a whole new direction, and the amount of twists and turns just made it feel more... Piratey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
For Vendetta

When it was announced at last month's D23 Expo that the fourth installment in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise would be subtitled On Stranger Tides, the Web was abuzz over whether the movie would be based on Tim Powers' 1988 pirate-themed fantasy novel On Stranger Tides or if it was just ripping off its title.

The Los Angeles Times spoke with Powers yesterday, who confirmed that Disney optioned the screen rights to his novel three years ago. Powers wasn't certain until last week whether he could even talk about the deal publicly.

"I've watched all the [Pirates] movies several times, of course, and I think the clear thing they would use is the trip to the Fountain of Youth," Powers told the paper. "My main character doesn't overlap with Jack Sparrow at all [in personality or circumstance]; they're totally different characters. I suppose they might overlap the Geoffrey Rush character Barbossa and Blackbeard. The only thing I feel certain they will hold on to is the Fountain of Youth since they telegraphed that at the end of the last movie."

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is slated for a 2011 release.