Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Planning to get some of these in 2007...

Far Cry 2: Instincts
Never played more than a demo of Far Cry... I have meant to actually play it, but that damn time thing again.
Quote:
Stubbs the Zombie
Have a copy from an excoworker... havent had a chance to play it yet, but ii heard great things.
Quote:
Quake 4
Not terribly interested, i am holding out for quake wars
Quote:
Hellgate: London
Dying for this. Diablo goes 3d...
Quote:
God of War
Saw E3 footage, looks great
Quote:
S.t.a.l.k.e.r. : Shadow of Chernobyl
Dying for this one...
Quote:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Never played any metal gear...
Quote:
Assassins Creed
Havent heard of this one
Quote:
Crysis
Dying for this one, need a new rig to play it though
Quote:
Ubersoldier
Havent heard of this one....
Quote:
Bioshock (thanks Vod!)
Your welcome! Need a new rig for this one too. I think Irrational is going to owe me some advertising royalties by the time it comes out.
Quote:
Perfect Dark Zero...
neve rplayed any perfect dark either...

Quote:
these and much more...hopefully...:D
God, If i can get Bioshock and Quake Wars, i will be content. I HAVE to get HL2 Episode 2 and Portal. it is a requirement for continued life.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 PM
No, fuck YOU

Resident evil 5
Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Fear scented candle

I will just reitterate my previous list :)
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

I'm waiting for the new parts of Metal Gear, Phatal Frame and Silent Hill for the new PS3
Old 01-23-2007, 05:14 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
I will just reitterate my previous list :)

Hmmmm..... Bioshock looks promising...
Old 01-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Hmmmm..... Bioshock looks promising...
I am WAY too excited for it. i am hoping it lives up to the hype, because it looks like the kind of game i have been jonesing for my entire life.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Evil Puppy

The Half Life 2 Orange Box... not only will I get Episode 2 but Portals for my 360 WOOHOO!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I am WAY too excited for it. i am hoping it lives up to the hype, because it looks like the kind of game i have been jonesing for my entire life.

What´s it about? And what kind of game is it?

Looks like "Fear 2" to me.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The Half Life 2 Orange Box... not only will I get Episode 2 but Portals for my 360 WOOHOO!
I have to admit, as a hardcore PC gamer, i have been pretty happy with all the 360 crossovers they have been making. rather than "Consolizing" pc games, the developers have been "PCizing" console games. :)

Portal is going to be awesome. I cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
What´s it about? And what kind of game is it?

Looks like "Fear 2" to me.
Nah, VERY different. Believe it or not, it looks to surpass Fear in a lot of ways (it is very hard to say that , too, because i love Fear almost as much as my family (just kidding honey))

the story is as follows:

You are floating in the ocean with flaming wreckage all around you. the only land nearby is a small island with a lighthouse, so you swim to it. It is the 60s, and you just survived an ocean plane crash. On the island, you find a bathysphere with a dead body in it. Having nowhere else to go, you get into the sphere and begina descent into the ocean.

Underneath, you find a city called rapture. it was a man's (named Andrew Ryan) dream to create a society away from the world where scientists, artists, and business people could practice their skills without boundaries, no law, no cencorship. The writers of the game read a lot of George Orwell and Ayn Rand (Specifically Atlas Shrugged) to come up with a society that was completely amoral, not evil, just with no moralistic boundaries.

Eventually, one o fthe scientists discovers a type of sea slug that generates raw stem cells, which can be modified and injected into a person to cause immediate alterations in their form. A war starts between two factions over what they call "Adam", for control over personal upgrades.

Ryan wins, but not before the perfect society they created crumbles into a bunch of mutated insane people fighting over adam and the wreckage of their former utopia. The player arrives at this point.

The game is going to rely less on on predetermind pathways and posts, like most games, and instead, the devlopers have created an environment, and each AI character within it has a particular behavior, and they simply exist in their environment and react to the world around them as an animal would.

the big buzzword is "emergent gameplay", which is, things happen naturally, and without being predetermined by the game developer. it has existsed for forever, but now they are making games to help random acts of coolness happen on their own.

An old example would be in Quake, if you were fighting with an Ogre, and he accidentally hit something else with a grenade (say a fiend), that creature would tear into theb ogre and ignore you. They have tried to set the stage for almost the entire game to work like that.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I have to admit, as a hardcore PC gamer, i have been pretty happy with all the 360 crossovers they have been making. rather than "Consolizing" pc games, the developers have been "PCizing" console games. :)

Portal is going to be awesome. I cant wait.

Nah, VERY different. Believe it or not, it looks to surpass Fear in a lot of ways (it is very hard to say that , too, because i love Fear almost as much as my family (just kidding honey))

the story is as follows:

You are floating in the ocean with flaming wreckage all around you. the only land nearby is a small island with a lighthouse, so you swim to it. It is the 60s, and you just survived an ocean plane crash. On the island, you find a bathysphere with a dead body in it. Having nowhere else to go, you get into the sphere and begina descent into the ocean.

Underneath, you find a city called rapture. it was a man's (named Andrew Ryan) dream to create a society away from the world where scientists, artists, and business people could practice their skills without boundaries, no law, no cencorship. The writers of the game read a lot of George Orwell and Ayn Rand (Specifically Atlas Shrugged) to come up with a society that was completely amoral, not evil, just with no moralistic boundaries.

Eventually, one o fthe scientists discovers a type of sea slug that generates raw stem cells, which can be modified and injected into a person to cause immediate alterations in their form. A war starts between two factions over what they call "Adam", for control over personal upgrades.

Ryan wins, but not before the perfect society they created crumbles into a bunch of mutated insane people fighting over adam and the wreckage of their former utopia. The player arrives at this point.

The game is going to rely less on on predetermind pathways and posts, like most games, and instead, the devlopers have created an environment, and each AI character within it has a particular behavior, and they simply exist in their environment and react to the world around them as an animal would.

the big buzzword is "emergent gameplay", which is, things happen naturally, and without being predetermined by the game developer. it has existsed for forever, but now they are making games to help random acts of coolness happen on their own.

An old example would be in Quake, if you were fighting with an Ogre, and he accidentally hit something else with a grenade (say a fiend), that creature would tear into theb ogre and ignore you. They have tried to set the stage for almost the entire game to work like that.
Hmmm... Okaaay...

So is the gameplay like quake and Fear?

And most important, is it scary?