Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

roshiq - thanks for the heads up on Housebound....
Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 AM
I am the turtle lord

Dr. Phibes Rises Again and Hammer Productions Hound Of The Baskervilles
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Evil Dead

Misery (1990)

The only remotely modern horror movie I watched this October. One of Kathy Bates' best performances and one of the best movies based on a Steven King book.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:49 PM
ventricle

Pontypool (2009)
6.5/10

An entertaining effort at a largely 'radio take' on the zombie genre. I'm a firm believer you don't have to see everything. There was some good "Talk Radio 1988" tension created by the direction. Still, I was much more on the edge of my seat with trepidation for Talk Radio than Pontypool. I think horror fans would like Talk Radio better.

I think Pontypool had a good start, good first half, it was building... but for me the last half was like air slowing escaping a balloon.

SPOILERS.......................................... .............
Past the mid-mark, not much of anything interesting was done with english virus. I thought that was a great concept. Seems like there were so many creative, scary & funny things that could have been done with that. To me the last half had no tension, scares or surprises.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Great with a machete

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2321549/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"The Babadook" - A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her.

I'd give this at least a 9/10. Extremely creepy film. Loved the cast, the woman's grey-scale house was an amazing set, music was dark and eerie, the Babadook was terrifying, story was beautifully written and cinematography was smooth and effective. I truly loved this film. It starts a bit slow but builds up tension and scares your pants off. Essie Davis does an incredible job as the mother and her son is one of the creepiest children ever! Such an entertaining movie to watch. Highly recommend. I'd watch it many times again. It's a keeper.

Even their website is beautifully crafted: http://thebabadook.com/
(There is a short-film on the site called "Monster" that is also worth checking out!)

Last edited by Manimal; 10-31-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

I watched Insidious for a third time but with a friend this time. It's such an experience every time. There's always something that scares me that I didn't notice, and my friend liked it too.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:10 PM
Evil Dead

Snowpiercer (2014)

A+

I really enjoyed this movie; it was something new and very creative. Tilda Swinton was awesome!! IMO, the ending was unpredictable for a change.

Beneath (2013)

B

It was the type of story most of us have seen before; it felt like My Bloody Valentine with a twist of something else. Overall, the acting was decent and it had some good gore in it; it was just a little slow for me.

Last edited by tfantasy; 10-31-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:21 AM
No, fuck YOU

"The Babadook" 7-8/10

First half was really slow and pretty annoying actually. I think I'm in the majority of people who wanted to see that little boy die. Rest of the movie was still slow, but at least scary stuff started to happen. I would've prefered the story went another direction in the end. A direction that made more sense or at least had some explanations of what the hell was going on.

Othervwise a well made horror flick with decent acting and top notch cinematography.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:15 AM

sorry tried to fix back to back posts

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 11-01-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2321549/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"The Babadook" - A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her.

I'd give this at least a 9/10. Extremely creepy film. Loved the cast, the woman's grey-scale house was an amazing set, music was dark and eerie, the Babadook was terrifying, story was beautifully written and cinematography was smooth and effective. I truly loved this film. It starts a bit slow but builds up tension and scares your pants off. Essie Davis does an incredible job as the mother and her son is one of the creepiest children ever! Such an entertaining movie to watch. Highly recommend. I'd watch it many times again. It's a keeper.

Even their website is beautifully crafted: http://thebabadook.com/
(There is a short-film on the site called "Monster" that is also worth checking out!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

"The Babadook" 7-8/10

First half was really slow and pretty annoying actually. I think I'm in the majority of people who wanted to see that little boy die. Rest of the movie was still slow, but at least scary stuff started to happen. I would've prefered the story went another direction in the end. A direction that made more sense or at least had some explanations of what the hell was going on.

Othervwise a well made horror flick with decent acting and top notch cinematography.
[QUOTE=The Bloofer Lady;981811]I have really been looking forward to this one..even the name is cool!

Tags
movie