Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Evil Dead

The Descent

10/10

By far the scariest movie I've ever seen. I love how it combines jump scares, pure tension, and claustrophobia. I found the ending quite nihilistic (I watched the UK cut), but it was overall an amazing film.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:06 AM

[QUOTE=Damn Heathen;976810]Amityville Dollhouse -- 7.5/10; As one of the best Amityville entries, Dollhouse is slow going through the first half, but its second half brings some deliciously silly horror in the vein of House '86. The zombie father reminds me of Big Ben.

Damn, I recently watched all the Amityville sequels that I could get a hold of and posted on here. It was a blast. I remember thinking this one ^^^, while it had "Amityville" in the title, never mentioned it once throughout the whole movie. That's true about the Big Ben connection.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Banned

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead -- 9.5/10; Honestly, I didn't care much for Dead Snow, what with all the dirty tight action shots spoiling some decent gore effects. And while there are a few of those here, the director has really honed his style enough to make the gore shine through (perhaps his work on Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters did him some good). If you like Dead Alive or the Hatchet series, you may well consider this a godsend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
10/10

By far the scariest movie I've ever seen. I love how it combines jump scares, pure tension, and claustrophobia. I found the ending quite nihilistic (I watched the UK cut), but it was overall an amazing film.
Good flick, but Pt. 2 has more bite and less soap-opera nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Damn, I recently watched all the Amityville sequels that I could get a hold of and posted on here.
Terrifying.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Evil Dead

Off to go eat then see As Above/So Below. :danger:
Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM
For Vendetta

Spooky. Really, really spooky.

Vanessa Redgrave's narration adds to the gloomy, foreboding and terrifying atmosphere of this 80-minute, low-budget, mono-act effort. Aaron Poole did a decent job, but could have been better. The effects were top-notch and in the end, the questions the film leaves you with, provide answers on their own.

A slow-burner, but a definite recommendation.

* * * ½
Old 08-30-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Vanessa Redgrave's narration adds to the gloomy, foreboding and terrifying atmosphere of this 80-minute, low-budget, mono-act effort. Aaron Poole did a decent job, but could have been better. The effects were top-notch and in the end, the questions the film leaves you with, provide answers on their own.

* * * ½
I started to watch this but turned it off. Glad I read this. Will definitely give it a second chance.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Evil Dead

As Above/So Below

4/5

It's far scarier than most other found footage movies (save [REC]) and better than most recent horror movies. It's pretty well acted, the shaky cam isn't unbearable, and it has a pretty interesting story and a great ending.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:52 PM

SCOOBY DOO! FRANKEN CREEPY 2014. Animated

Got this in with my granddaughter tonight. Lots of fun for the "big" kids, too.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

* * * ½
Totally agree! This is a pretty good spooky flick! LOVED Vanessa Redgrave's fantastic voice over, it worked beautifully. I'd specially like to recommend it to the old school horror lovers i.e. NE, Hammy, Newb & Ferox.

Last edited by roshiq; 08-30-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Banned

Never Cry Werewolf -- 5/10; This poor man's Fright Night is not quite as bad as most reviewers have declared, but there is some truly awful acting and CGI on display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
SCOOBY DOO! FRANKEN CREEPY 2014. Animated

Got this in with my granddaughter tonight. Lots of fun for the "big" kids, too.
I liked The Goblin King, so I'll check this out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Totally agree! This is a pretty good spooky flick! LOVED Vanessa Redgrave's fantastic voice over, it worked beautifully. I'd specially like to recommend it to the old school horror lovers i.e. NE, Hammy, Newb & Ferox.
I found very little in the way of the old school here, outside of the story. The director, who clearly knows how to set up and run a shot, overdirects his story. I love his style, but he needs more to chew.

Tags
movie