Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Thanks! I quite liked it.

Have I got a shit load of Paul Rudd "comedies" to recommend you.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:05 AM
ventricle

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

4/10

(sigh) Ever go back to watch a movie you loved when you were a kid, and the film was so kiddie, you realized you can't go back and recapture that unique enjoyment? That's what I felt like watching Spiderman 2 2014. To me, it was so simple, cliche and without any purpose (except for one or two brief moments), that it escaped my enjoyment. But maybe if I was 7 years old?

There's kids' cartoons that had more depth. It's void of all fun sci-fi/fantasy comicbook details, skipped intrigue and plot twists, for the most part skipped deeper character development... to rely solely on action, FX and actors. Only Sally Field could make something of the lack of character material. The action & FX was merely average. It all left me with the impression that this is the lowbrow entertainment expected to suffice today's film audiences.

Luckily, it's just films like Spiderman 2 2014, which I contrast with very effective depth of meaning within X-Men: Days of Future Past, especially in the areas of addiction and self-sacrifice.

And the logic in Spiderman 2 2014... the first time Spiderman brings down Electro, the NY police have him surrounded and surely arrest him; but next we see Eletro is in the clutches of Oscorp. This illogical outcome is never explained. Is this really passable nowadays?

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-25-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Heathen View Post
Septic Man -- 4/10; It's no Monsturd. In his full glory, the Septic Man monster looks like the Toxic Avenger with bad acne.
I will be all over these two like flies on s%*t!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Evil Dead

6/10, silly fun!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

And the logic in Spiderman 2 2014... the first time Spiderman brings down Electro, the NY police have him surrounded and surely arrest him; but next we see Eletro is in the clutches of Oscorp. This illogical outcome is never explained. Is this really passable nowadays?
Electro got watered down and passed out. I think it's a weakness of him.
Since Oscorp is a shady company, I assume they arranged it so Electro was brought to one of their facilities.

I agree with your comparison to the cartoons. They have more depth indeed.
I have a similar problem with Transformers, I like the old cartoons but I don't like the movies.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Evil Dead

I watched Dead Silence tonight. I think I have enjoyed watching this a few times now because I think that ventriloquist dolls are creepy (exception: Jeff Dunham's collection) and they really give me the chills! The acting was silly to me but the dolls steal the show! I think they did an excellent job on Mary Shaw, she creeped me out!!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I watched Dead Silence tonight. I think I have enjoyed watching this a few times now because I think that ventriloquist dolls are creepy (exception: Jeff Dunham's collection) and they really give me the chills! The acting was silly to me but the dolls steal the show! I think they did an excellent job on Mary Shaw, she creeped me out!!
Dead Silence was pretty creepy alright, especially when it did go all quiet-like.
Love your sig pic. One of my fav movies.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Dead Silence was pretty creepy alright, especially when it did go all quiet-like.
Love your sig pic. One of my fav movies.
I had to add to this....the movie came out my senior year of high school and I was obsessed!! My bedroom was covered with any Lost Boys items that I could find! My mom bought the cardboard stand-up from a video store to surprise me and it was sooo cool!! I also bought a t-shirt that I ended up wearing out...lol!! It was always be my all time favorite vampire movie!!!!!

Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I had to add to this....the movie came out my senior year of high school and I was obsessed!! My bedroom was covered with any Lost Boys items that I could find! My mom bought the cardboard stand-up from a video store to surprise me and it was sooo cool!! I also bought a t-shirt that I ended up wearing out...lol!! It was always be my all time favorite vampire movie!!!!!
I loved that film as a kid too, i really wanted to be like Michael and have the earring with a cross & fangs haha
Old 08-26-2014, 03:08 AM
Banned

Bunnyman Massacre -- 4/10: Started off like gangbusters but fizzled fast. I'll stick with the first Bunnyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

6/10, silly fun!
That probably inspired Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead.

Tags
movie