Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Ramsey Campbell is an interesting one... His writing style is sort of drunken stream-of-consciousness, which leads to an odd, confusing, unsettling reading experience at times.

I really liked his short story "The Scar," though I haven't ready a whole lot else because of the above - You sort of have to be in the mood for it, if that makes any sense. My boyfriend can't stand how he writes, so I think that readers may be torn.

Honestly, I recommend picking up Alone with the Horrors: The Great Short Fiction of Ramsey Campbell - It's a good short story collection of his "best" works. You can find it used pretty cheap and then decide if you like it or not. That's what I did.

Here it is on Amazon if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Alone-Horrors-...2409082&sr=8-1
sounds interesting,i like that sort of stuff sometimes. iv got the mammoth book of horror the best new horror authers with a short story of his in it,looking forward to it
Old 11-28-2011, 06:50 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
sounds interesting,i like that sort of stuff sometimes. iv got the mammoth book of horror the best new horror authers with a short story of his in it,looking forward to it
Cool - What story is it? And what's the anthology? I'm always on the lookout for good short story collections.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Cranky

Seems to be an entire series:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ammoth+book+of

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Cool - What story is it? And what's the anthology? I'm always on the lookout for good short story collections.
its called "The mammoth book of the best of best new horror"intro from ramsey campell storys Brain Lumly,Michael Marshal Sith,Ramsey Campell,Christopher Fowler,Harlan Ellison,Paul J Mcauly,Neil Gaiman,Terry Lamsley,Caitlin R Kiernan,Peter Straub,Tim Lebbon,Kim Newman,Elizabeth Hand,Joe Hill,Mark Samuels,Lisa Tuttle,Clive Barker,Glen Hirshberg,Simon Kurt Unsworth,Stephen king

its like the best storys out of 21 volumes of best stories or something so should be good,havnt heard of alot of those aurthors either so mite find some new favourites:D
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Thank you very much Chrono, cant wait to read some of his work. Whether that be for the good or the bad. Either way it sounds interesting.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:48 AM
From The Beyond

Ramsey Campbell is amazing but I suppose I'm biased.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Scares Little Kids

I am currently enjoying 13 Broken Nightlights by Barry Napier

Nightface
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

just finished "in the dark of night"by john saul,awsome,definatly the best john saul iv read
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

just finished a short story out of that book by tim lebbon,anyone else read any of his stuff,it was such a good story,a bloody savage supernatual story with no happy endings.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Evil is Better

Been meaning to read Tim Lebbon for awhile. Been hearing he's good. I'll have to at some point. I just started reading Under The Dome by Stephen King.