Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2008, 04:57 AM
No tears please

Send a message via MSN to thebigman Send a message via Skype™ to thebigman
yep

Pretty sure Fortunato is correct , if not tho you could try - The Grapes of Death (Les Raisins de la Mort)
Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

Hey Folks,

I'm new to the forum...V has just directed me towards this thread - hope you can help. Just sending out a line about an old slasher film I’m trying to track down that my pop keep going on about. He’s a horror fan like me, and for ages he’s been telling me about this black & white slasher he saw in the ‘60s about some stoned hippies that go off in a camper van, come across an old abandoned house, and then get hunted down one by one by a killer with a skull mask and a drill/corkscrew weapon for a hand? My pa reckons it’s still the best slasher he’s ever seen, but he can’t remember it’s freakin' name! I really wana check it out. Does the story sound familiar? Any leads or ideas you guys have would be cool. I think it came out in ’67 - ’69…cheers

(I'm pretty sure it's not Ghoulies!)
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
HorrorFreak78

The Dark Beneath / Below / Beyond???

Hhhhmmm… Sounds like a cool film. Sounds like a movie my pal Mick told me about – I’ll have to check in with him. I haven’t seen it, and I’m not sure if he has, but I think it was called The Dark Beneath, or The Dark Below, or Beyond or something…would love to see it. Any of you horror buffs know anything more about it?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Scares Little Kids

More Clues...

Ahhh... goddam! What is it! Trying to drain more info out of my pa....

So... The killer lives in this old abandoned house in the stix like I said with his deranged Mum, he kills the hippies who have broken down in a van nearby by shoving his drill hand/arm through their heads/stomachs etc. (sweeeet!) and then takes them down to the basement of the house where he keeps them alive and tortures them.... classic. Not that enlightening I know, but might jolt your severed heads?! It might be bullshit, but he reckons the director was called Radford, or maybe Bradford??? Horror director in the ‘60s/’70s… I can’t find anyone that matches on IMDb though?

Thanks... we'll crack it
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Cranky

The only thing I can come up with is Reeker, but it's from 2005.

http://www.angelfire.com/scary/horro...kerReview.html

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Monster View Post
he kills the hippies who have broken down in a van nearby by shoving his drill hand/arm through their heads/stomachs etc. (sweeeet!) and then takes them down to the basement of the house where he keeps them alive and tortures them....
contradiction......really surprised NE didn't pick up on this.

you're slacking NE :D
Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

Contradiction!

I see what you're saying! Well I guess the bad guy (not killer!) just rips their faces and bodies up rather than killing them!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I've got one...

Now, first off let me say that I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if this movie doesn't exist. A buddy of mine told me about it, but he's a hell of a storyteller. Plus, he does a shitload of drugs.

Basically, it sounds like the Asian version of Crank, with a horror twist. It's about this dude that gets cursed by some crazy which doctor type, and has to kill to stay alive. Whenever he kills someone, he absorbs part of their life. Thing is, he figures out that he can cheat the system: kill a shiton of people and live forever kind of deal.

The way he described it, its more of a gorefest/martial arts showcase than an actual movie. That's pretty much it for the plot, otherwise it's just the main guy kicking ass left right and centre.

He said that "some famous Asian dude" was in it too, as a detective trying to bring the main guy in. He thought it was Chow Yun Fat, but I can't find anything like this in his filmography.

Anybody recognize this? I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this is the result of some kind of vodka-weed-lsd induced trip, but it sounds pretty entertaining so I figured I'd run it past you guys anyway.

I would just ask him, but thats kind of how I found out about it: he forgot the title and wondered if I'd heard of it :o
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 PM
HorrorFreak78

The Dark Beneath / Below / Beyond???

Sorry for chasing you around all the forums GM! I’m just keen to help… and to be honest… I just really wana track down this film too! Sounds awesome! Did you run those titles The Dark Beneath/Below/Beyond past your dad? It really sounds like the film my friend told me about a while back…
Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorFreak78 View Post
Sorry for chasing you around all the forums GM! I’m just keen to help… and to be honest… I just really wana track down this film too! Sounds awesome! Did you run those titles The Dark Beneath/Below/Beyond past your dad? It really sounds like the film my friend told me about a while back…
The Dark Backward?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101660/

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods