Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Cranky

Resuscitation Expert Says End Is Reversible

Quote:
It looks like people's consciousness does not get annihilated just because they are in the early stages of death. It's a medical paradox.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-913075.html

Expert in resuscitating the dead says our conception of death is behind the times. Very interesting interview.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Banned

"Over two hours after a person is dead"???

I've seen too many horror movies to know that this is not a good thing.:D
Old 08-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Horror Fan

Fascinating stuff. Of course, as Queen asked, who wants to live forever?

Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM
ventricle

Getting oxygen to the brain and other key organs is the trick. Cooling the body also prevents cell death. CPR works. If you don't want to give up someone, get ambulance called and CPR till you pass out.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Fascinating stuff. Of course, as Queen asked, who wants to live forever?
I know I would or at least as long as possible, assuming, of course, I was not in pain or anything.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-913075.html

Expert in resuscitating the dead says our conception of death is behind the times. Very interesting interview.
Those who have done some study into, so called parapsychology, now more referred to as Psychical Research, know empirical science methodology experiments have been completed (a vast wide ranging amount) that indicate that a human consciousness entity exists separately from the confines of the brain, or even the physical components of the mind (if one defines the mind as only a physical process of the brain).

For instance, going way back, at college I read a psychical experiment completed by Karl Jung himself. He had an experienced shaman shut in one room, and asked him to 'trance journey' into the next room and observe it's contents. Of course the shaman was not allowed to see the room being observed. The shaman was able to correctly identify the unique contents of the room. That's just one I personally read. I've heard and read about other more recent experiments.

Trance journey, astral projection, remote viewing, near-death experiences, (general clairvoyance category) have been observed. Plus many have personal experience of setting back and observing your mind think. If we have a consciousness, that is beyond the brain, capable of sensing stimuli/info that cannot be accessed by the known 6-8 "physical senses" (personally, I've seen widely diverse and voluminous data to confirm that already), then that puts new and old perspectives of life, resuscitation and post bodily death existence up for reexamination. It's a significant factor to fuse into one's current understanding of the nature of reality and current paradigms.

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Cranky

Yah, this guy in the article says he's had pictures put facing up, near the ceilings in emergency rooms, to measure near death experiences of people hovering over their bodies. To find out what he found, you have to buy the book. :p

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Yah, this guy in the article says he's had pictures put facing up, near the ceilings in emergency rooms, to measure near death experiences of people hovering over their bodies. To find out what he found, you have to buy the book. :p
Ah, there's the catch there... buy the book. I'd be curious to read the results. I could probably find out the base results with some googling. I wouldn't buy myself though, as I've read or heard experimental results in this general area of research. It wouldn't shock me to hear the near-death subjects could identify the contents of the pictures, but it would still floor me. I don't think anyone is able to 'physically' explain this 'transference' of knowledge.