Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Little Boo

Wink I make short horror films!

Howdy all,

In a nutshell, I am a horror film buff who hates CG and yearns for the day when the industry will get their heads out their asses and return to practical effects.

The Thing (John Carpenter's) is the greatest horror film of all time. Those practical effects... so fun.

I wanted to also mention that I make short horror films as a side hobby/passion. Please check them out and share with your friends! I just finished and uploaded my latest one a couple days ago!

Mannequin (2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpEwpMvJbg
Knock (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwVEwS7zJtk

Cheers!
Cowmaster Studios
Old 05-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Herald of Madness

Nice to see another filmmaker around here. I can appreciate the practical effects desire. I tend to shoot only with practical effects if possible. I see a blending of practical and digital effects in the future. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but a blending of the two I think would give the best results. However this is extremely dependent on what exactly you're hoping to achieve. Creature effects would be a great example of using both practial and digital.

I love the Thing. It's one of my all time favorite horror movies. I've seen it bunch of times, but I always still still that certain level of dread that only the movie can bring.

Welcome to Horror.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Little Boo

Indie Horror Movie Promotion

I help run an up and coming facebook page where we help promote indie horror films. So come check us out and let us know when you guys upload new movies so we can promote them. Here is our page www.facebook.com/Indiehorrormoviepromotion. thanks guys hope to hear from you soon!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Little Boo

Just sent you a PM!

Tags
film, horror, independent, knock, mannequin