Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
For Vendetta

Oliver Stone reliving the Manson murders!

Oliver Stone has never been one for shying away from controversy, building a long and largely successful filmography around some of history's most talked-about figures.

So is it any wonder that Stone's next project might just involve the infamous Charles Manson?

Variety is reporting that the murder of Sharon Tate and the activities of the Manson Family cult – the subject of prosecuting attorney Vincent Bugliosi's widely-known book Helter Skelter -- may be turned into a feature film by the director.

One wonders if Stone might take an approach similar to Spike Lee's Summer of Sam and use the tragedy to frame a broader chronicle of a particular place and time – in this case, the turbulent and ever-changing 1960's.

While details on the project are scarce, it would certainly be interesting to see Stone blend his ability to craft tight thrillers with his expertise at history-based narratives.

Stay tuned to this thread for further updates.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Misanthrope

This could be interesting. The doco Manson was obviously a big influence in how Natural Born Killers was filmed, so I wonder how he'll handle the story.

Van Bebber's flick will be hard to top. I'm hoping it won't be as dull and finger pointing as the Helter Skelter flicks were.

I find Charles Manson pretty facinating and enjoy watching stuff on him so I'll be looking forward to this one.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post

Van Bebber's flick will be hard to top. I'm hoping it won't be as dull and finger pointing as the Helter Skelter flicks were.
I totally agree with this - excellent film...

Elvis have you seen all the Manson TV interviews - i think its geraldo/Regan and i think rose...very interesting..
Old 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
God I hate Charles Manson. He's so fucking full of himself. As a matter of fact I hate all cult leaders. They make me sick.

I hated Natural Born Killers. Usually I am all for a villain. I love villains, but they got on my fucking nerves so badly. They just disgusted me.

Generally I love Juliette Lewis, but I hated her in that film.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Oliver Stone is for the most part, a disgusting hack who thinks that juvenile inversions of history constitute art. Next up on the docket: Hitler: Nordic Superpatriot, Ernest Hemingway Was A Nice Guy, I Swear and Richard Ramirez: Latino Crusader for Truth. His recent George W. Bush biopic might as well have starred Muppets. Natural Born Killers I liked, but it had a Tarantino script and a good cast.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Elvis have you seen all the Manson TV interviews - i think its geraldo/Regan and i think rose...very interesting..
I've got the 60 minutes (? - I think thats where it was from) interview. I've seen a few others here and there. Have you seen Charles Manson Superstar? that was a really good watch. It's quite weird how he's essentially an environmentalist with a scorched earth policy.