Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
Thanks MM, you didn't have to waste it on me ya know.

And yeah Ferret 3 grand is rediculous. But we wanted our house back so bad that we agreed to it, saying that we'll do it somehow.

And Rod, I'm sure that the depression isn't from the house, I love this house, and leaving it before was the hardest thing I had ever done. I was so happy when we got it back last year, and now, I know we can't get it back. ANd its fucking killing me.

but Rod, don't worry about it, you'll get a house for your kids, and if not, so what? Its more important that you and your family are happy, and the best way for that is to be together.

It's just killing me because I don't understand how we ended up where we are, after building the house ourselves, on land that was given to us by my great grandmother. I just don't understand how that happened.
Ah, so it's sentimental value...

But if you built it yourselves on land given to you, why are you having to pay this asshole to live there? Surely it's rightfully yours?

I understand that you had to sell it to someone after you were evicted and now you're renting it off him. But how did you end up getting evicted the first time?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Ah, so it's sentimental value...

But if you built it yourselves on land given to you, why are you having to pay this asshole to live there? Surely it's rightfully yours?

I understand that you had to sell it to someone after you were evicted and now you're renting it off him. But how did you end up getting evicted the first time?
We had to get the house mortgaged a few years after it was built, because my father took a bad fall from a 14 foot ladder while he was working with AT&T, we have been having problems money wise since, because my father was unable to work due to his back and shoulder for over a year(he had to have 5 really expensive surgeries). He went back to farming, like he did with my grandfather as a child. We were making it for a while, but these past 10 years or so has gotten harder because of the price of seeds going up, along with not getting enough rain, crops failing, and equipment breaking down and being replaced. All that along with the economy lately, we have been just getting by, as the bills started to pile up.

As for the big peice of land, 9 years ago my great grandmother died, and was meaning to leave the land to us in her will, but died before it was finalized, and she left my grandmother in charge of her estate. Which turned to be too stressful for her, seeing as her mother had just died. And well she left it in the hands of a lawyer, who screwed us over and sold the land off, because she just happened to be a friend of a certain family member that hated my family because we had always been the favorites, leaving us about a quarter of the land that we had been living on for years. And we barely saw any money from the sale of it either, while other members of our family made out like champs.

So now me and my family have to leave our house of almost 20 years.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Last edited by Psycom5k; 07-30-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
HDC Idol

Psycom, I'm sorry. I don't have very much advice this time around, just a big ol':

And as ridiculously trite as this may sound, but, "This too shall pass." Sometimes life totally sucks. It's how you deal with it that really counts. You guys will be able to take care or yourselves. And through then, we're here for you. Whether you like it or not.... mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Psycom, I'm sorry. I don't have very much advice this time around, just a big ol':

And as ridiculously trite as this may sound, but, "This too shall pass." Sometimes life totally sucks. It's how you deal with it that really counts. You guys will be able to take care or yourselves. And through then, we're here for you. Whether you like it or not.... mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa
I know, we're all pretty down in the dumps, but we're looking at a new place for now. I really doubt that we can get the house back, but who knows, with the real estate business the way it is, we just might be able to get it back. Thanks for the support Chrono, it does help that everybody is being so nice. But hey, at least there is one thing that helps, this place that we are most likely going to move to is within walking distance of my favorite fishing spot.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.