Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post
Ha! It looks like we all watched Green Room last night!

RIP Anton Yelchin
Film of the year for me. I loved the 'intelligent' little nazi, the adequate BJJ and the dogs.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Pontypool has a nifty premise, and sounds and looks good, but it just doesn't go anywhere passed the 1st quarter opening premise. Story needed a lot more development.
It was alright for me, the ending was what annoyed me. And the last 5th of the film. I enjoyed it up until it started to feel like a Doctor Who episode.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Evil Sweat

Batman Vs Superman (2016) Extended Edition +- 180 minutes.
B/C
Less worse than I expected but it's all getting a little too much. I call it the Avengers effect. Seems nearly impossible these days of making a superhero movie with only one superhero. But it's all about the expanding of the superhero universes and ofcourse, money.
I don't always mind but sometimes I'd just like to see good guy vs bad guy and his henchmen.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Batman Vs Superman (2016) Extended Edition +- 180 minutes.
B/C
Less worse than I expected but it's all getting a little too much. I call it the Avengers effect. Seems nearly impossible these days of making a superhero movie with only one superhero. But it's all about the expanding of the superhero universes and ofcourse, money.
I don't always mind but sometimes I'd just like to see good guy vs bad guy and his henchmen.
Why was this version even rated R? The only reason MPAA gave was "sequences of violence" which sounds like bullshit.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Why was this version even rated R? The only reason MPAA gave was "sequences of violence" which sounds like bullshit.
I vaguely remember a person getting shot in the front resulting in blood on the wall behind him. Combined with people getting executed (even though in a sterile way) and bodies being burned is probably enough for an R-Rating.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I vaguely remember a person getting shot in the front resulting in blood on the wall behind him. Combined with people getting executed (even though in a sterile way) and bodies being burned is probably enough for an R-Rating.
Boooo I want something to deserve its R rating. It's almost like they're using the rating as a marketing ploy.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Evil Dead

Binge watching the Subspecies series. On Subspecies IV right now.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Evil Dead

'Bigfoot vs Zombies' (2016)

Plot: IMDB
A scientist creates a toxic cocktail that is accidentally unleashed into the local population and a nearby police "body farm" - creating a small army of flesh-eating zombies - and only one creature of legend, a killer in his own right, can stop the growing hordes of the undead and save humanity.

Phantom's Review: Dear Gods! What a turd. There are bad movies that are fun and there are bad movies that are just bad...this one is absolutely one of the BAD ones. A guy in a gorilla suit fighting a bunch of folks wearing Halloween masks and some actors(?) spouting out brainless (no pun intended) dialogue. Avoid this film at all costs unless you're having a (really) Bad Movie Night .
Old 06-30-2016, 04:41 PM
ventricle

Jack the Giant Slayer (2013)
5/10

"The ancient war between humans and a race of giants is reignited when Jack, a young farmhand fighting for a kingdom and the love of a princess, opens a gateway between the two worlds."

Director Brian Singer brings you Jack in the Beanstalk. The opening begins with two separate children, and their respective parent, telling the old story of the menacing giants and the savior king. It hints of interesting mystical themes with monks seeking God and the power of heir-ship, but these themes are not explored. This opening narration, and accompanying visuals and sound, is by far the best part of the film. It's very well done. The rest of the film will make you wish they told the new story the same way... along with 10 other short stories to fill the hour and 50 minutes.

After the opening narration, it seemed like three paragraphs of story are slowly dipped on the screen, like Chinese water torture.

The giants are CG, which may have made a few scenes easier to produce, but turned out to be a horrible decision. The facial rendering of giants was both lifeless and numbing.

The story was extremely cliche for 2016. I don't know if this film was for children, adults or both, but seems to miss all those marks.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-30-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Monster Collector

I liked Green Room myself, I have a fondness for berserk skinheads. I think they are the perfect shock troops, and should be utilized in our brutal army to crush the middle east and provide free oil for everyone, yaaaaay!

However, dogs are hurt, and that is a crying shame. Hopefully part 2 will just be nazi dogs eating people and at the end they are full and they take a nap, muzzles covered with blood and bellies full.

I saw The Shallows, I enjoyed it. It has a big shark gobbling people up, so if you like that give it a go! I think it's better than that one in the water-soaked mall and that other one where they are treading water because they forget to lower the boat ladder.

Tags
movie