View Single Post
Old 05-18-2024, 04:59 AM
Evil Dead

Roadkill 2024 ★˝

A Hitcher-knockoff with a twist that's pretty obvious 20 minutes in, making the later reveal a tad underwhelming. And the reveal with the cop is ridiculous.

Nonetheless it's still an entertaining mess of B-movie schlock. With the type of offscreen kills and horrible greenscreens that are kind of adorable in their own way. Also, we get a bit of Danielle Harris, but her character is completely irrelevant to the story.

Half star extra for the coroner with the Friday the 13th T and a separate mention for the weed scene. I believe this strain is called Nancy Reagan.

For fans of B-movies and/or Danielle Harris.

Tarot 2024 ★

A crossover between Final Destination (minus the gore) and Evil Dead (without the intensity or the fun).

The result is Womp Womp the movie, where the “best” parts only remind you of better movies.

Character: Death is coming for me.
Tony Todd: And you don't wanna fuck with that mack daddy.

Character: You're bleeding.
Jesse Ventura: I ain't got time to bleed.

Character: Fuck faith.
Me: Hey! You leave Buffy out of this!

Also why do the above mentioned have… more

Liz Drives 2017 ★★★

A solid short with two sisters traveling to see their mother.

It's a decent moodpiece with the tension under the surface while they travel. Then they stop to get gas and a snack before everything goes south, leading up to a creepy ending.

Decision to Leave 2022 ★★★★

A very stylish and visually impressive thriller with a vibe that reminded me of Hitchcock.

One that also demands a rewatch some time in the future.

Well recommended, that's for certain.