Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions/Questions (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Do You Need Help With the Title of a Horror Movie/Book/TV Series? Bring it here! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959)

Nella 10-03-2008 05:45 AM

What was the name of the movie about the guy getting pulled apart by two trucks? I think I've seen it...

Nella

Angra 10-03-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 736277)
What was the name of the movie about the guy getting pulled apart by two trucks? I think I've seen it...

Nella

Sounds like the new "The hitcher" remake.

newb 10-03-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 736280)
Sounds like the new "The hitcher" remake.

yes....in the original it was the girl who "split"

Nella 10-03-2008 11:12 AM

Yes, I have seen that one. It was actually not that long ago. :o I have a problem with CRS. Thanks for the answer.

newb 10-03-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 736413)
Yes, I have seen that one. It was actually not that long ago. :o I have a problem with CRS. Thanks for the answer.

I'm assuming CRS is Can't Remember Shit?

Nella 10-03-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 736484)
I'm assuming CRS is Can't Remember Shit?

Yes! How funny...It's not really age-related (I don't think?). I'm taking a medication that is known for causing "amnesia-like" symptoms? Not sure how to put it, but you get the gist, I'm sure. I have virtually no short-term memory. It's disturbing sometimes and I'm trying to get off of the pills...

What does TCM or TMC stand for? I think someone was referring to a book or movie.

Nella 10-03-2008 04:15 PM

Oh, and I was reading the archives in the Books section. Someone mentioned THE CHILDREN'S HOUR. Is this a play from the '30's? The person said it was the scariest "shit" I've ever read!, or something to that effect.

The_Return 10-04-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 736487)
Yes! How funny...It's not really age-related (I don't think?). I'm taking a medication that is known for causing "amnesia-like" symptoms? Not sure how to put it, but you get the gist, I'm sure. I have virtually no short-term memory. It's disturbing sometimes and I'm trying to get off of the pills...

What does TCM or TMC stand for? I think someone was referring to a book or movie.

TCM = Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

TMC occurs after Halloween...Too Much Candy.

GorePhobia 10-05-2008 06:51 AM

Or TMC could stand for The Movie Channel.

The Flayed One 10-05-2008 12:42 PM

Seatec Astronomy?

Kel-J-Firefly 10-07-2008 07:03 PM

I have one...
I've been looking for it for the past year and had no luck.

I remember it being a japanese horror film,
It had something to do with drugs that caused people to enjoy and inflict pain on themselves.

I just remember some girl pulling her own eye out with some sort of fork most probably.

newb 10-07-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kel-J-Firefly (Post 737922)
I have one...
I've been looking for it for the past year and had no luck.

I remember it being a japanese horror film,
It had something to do with drugs that caused people to enjoy and inflict pain on themselves.

I just remember some girl pulling her own eye out with some sort of fork most probably.

Naked Blood [1995]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217679/

Kel-J-Firefly 10-08-2008 03:56 PM

^ ahh thankyou :D makes me wish I'd have found this forum much earlier!

newb 10-08-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kel-J-Firefly (Post 738215)
^ ahh thankyou :D makes me wish I'd have found this forum much earlier!

Thanks are not necessary....the pleasure I get from helping my fellow man ,or woman , are all the thanks I need.

that....and $25

I shall give you my pay-pal account where you can deposit the money later.

:D

Kel-J-Firefly 10-08-2008 05:50 PM

LOL *runs away* :p

novakru 10-10-2008 01:55 PM

Made in 1976?
There was voodoo , I think:confused:
Takes place in a jungle, really not sure on that one.
The only scene I remember is a woman laying on a bed and snake(s?)
slithering on her ankles.
It was a double feature with Jaws.
And that was when Jaws first came out.

I have nothing else.:(

henriqueaguiar 10-12-2008 12:06 PM

Hi!

Hi!
I am looking for a movie I cannot remember the title. Can anyone help me please?

It is probably from the 70/80s. It goes on in a Hotel, if I remember correctly. There is somekind of creature, a worm like, that slithers. There is a scene where it crawls up a womans vagina, when she is in a bathtub. There is another scene where somebody kisses somebody and the creature changes bodies through the kiss. If I remember correctly, people kinda get a bit sexually enhanced/stimulated when they have the creature inside.
I believe the end is in a interior pool in the hotel...
Sorry for being so vague, but it's what I remember...

Thankz,:)
Riko

The_Return 10-12-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henriqueaguiar (Post 739583)
Hi!
I am looking for a movie I cannot remember the title. Can anyone help me please?

It is probably from the 70/80s. It goes on in a Hotel, if I remember correctly. There is somekind of creature, a worm like, that slithers. There is a scene where it crawls up a womans vagina, when she is in a bathtub. There is another scene where somebody kisses somebody and the creature changes bodies through the kiss. If I remember correctly, people kinda get a bit sexually enhanced/stimulated when they have the creature inside.
I believe the end is in a interior pool in the hotel...
Sorry for being so vague, but it's what I remember...

Thankz,:)
Riko

Sounds like "Shivers" from David Cronenberg.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073705/

urgeok2 10-12-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 739589)
Sounds like "Shivers" from David Cronenberg.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073705/

no question about it

has another name in the USA ("it came from within" ... or something like that)

Festered 10-12-2008 01:00 PM

They Came from Within. Had 2 great cult hotties in it, too. Lynn Lowry and Barbie Steele.

Elvis_Christ 10-12-2008 02:13 PM

Great film. I really should get myself a copy of it. Lost my tape of it many moons ago. Shivers and Rabid are two of my favorite Cronenberg flicks.

urgeok2 10-12-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 739662)
Great film. I really should get myself a copy of it. Lost my tape of it many moons ago. Shivers and Rabid are two of my favorite Cronenberg flicks.

shivers, then scanners, then rabid for me..

they were my holy trinity when i was discovering horror - and why i have a big soft spot for that raw 70's look.

(although i still dont mind a polished looking film if it's done right Session 9, ju-on, for example)

Elvis_Christ 10-12-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 739668)
they were my holy trinity when i was discovering horror - and why i have a big soft spot for that raw 70's look.

For sure nothing quite beats it does it!

I'm a big fan of the early 80s sleazoid look when it comes to film. I can thank Maniac for that one.

fortunato 10-12-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 739668)
shivers, then scanners, then rabid for me..

(although i still dont mind a polished looking film if it's done right Session 9, ju-on, for example)

there's no where to get shivers on dvd, is there?
does anyone know?

i've looked for it forever, but i guess it's out of print.

urgeok2 10-12-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 739683)
there's no where to get shivers on dvd, is there?
does anyone know?

i've looked for it forever, but i guess it's out of print.

not that i know of - i have the VHS - i really should convert it to DVD

Elvis_Christ 10-12-2008 03:00 PM

Its out on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Shivers-Paul-H.../dp/6305090343
but it's been out of print for awhile. I think there's a R2 version still available.

fortunato 10-12-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 739699)
Its out on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Shivers-Paul-H.../dp/6305090343
but it's been out of print for awhile. I think there's a R2 version still available.

i looked for an R2 version as well, but couldn't find one.
it looks like the R2 is out of print, too.

Elvis_Christ 10-12-2008 04:16 PM

Oh well you might strike it second hand somewhere for a cheap price.

novakru 10-12-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novakru (Post 738960)
Made in 1976?

'
So,what? not even a 'no idea about this film or 'Fuck Off you moron'?
WTF?
Do I have cooties or something:mad:

Elvis_Christ 10-12-2008 05:28 PM

I have no idea so fuck off you moron :D

p.s those cooties are out of control dude you need a delousing or something!

novakru 10-12-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 739784)
I have no idea so fuck off you moron :D

p.s those cooties are out of control dude you need a delousing or something!

:D Thanks:D

(I knew it was because of my cooties:o )

fortunato 10-12-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 739729)
Oh well you might strike it second hand somewhere for a cheap price.

yeah, i'll just hope i can find it somewhere for a decent price.

i haven't seen it in quite a while.

newb 10-14-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novakru (Post 738960)
Made in 1976?

to vague

maybe voodoo
maybe a jungle

Jaws came out in 75

TTLGPhoto 10-15-2008 01:31 AM

Ok, I have one I've been googling for a while, and came across this forum in the process.

The movie could have been from the 70's, but I want to say it was an early 80's flick. It wasn't your typical horror movie, and I remember seeing it on the Disney Channel a few years back.

It's about a girl who moves to some old house with her family. The neighbor or the gardener's wife says she looks quite a bit like her daughter who disappeared or died or something. I can't remember a lot of the plot, but I remember the end scene where she is standing in some greenhouse or maybe a mausoleum, and they're performing some sort of ritual to bring the girl she looks like back or something. Sorry I'm so vague, I just can't remember a lot of the plot!

Hopefully someone can end my search, because without a lot of info, I'm stuck!

badfish 10-15-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandilly (Post 735172)
I saw this movie when I was a child, and I cannot recall the name of the movie, nor too much about it. All I can recall are a few scenes, that I may be embellishing slightly since I saw this movie when I was about 6 years old? Maybe?

Does any of this sound like a movie you know?:

I remember that a son lived with his mother, who appeared to be quite older, perhaps in her late 60s or even older (though, this old age may be attributed to the fact that I was young when I saw this movie). His mother goes on a date with this unknown gentlemen, when the son witnesses his mother and this man eating someone in a back alley. The man, and now his mother, had red eyes and pointed teeth. I also remember that the son would chop up the bodies that his mother ate (she was infect with this 'disease' by the gentlemen) and put them in black garbage bags to dispose of. I remember the ending involved a fire in the house, and the mother was on the floor with her back against the wall, telling her son to leave the house and let her burn because she was a monster.

Does this description ring any bells? I've been trying to discover the name of this movie for quite a few years now, and I'm getting quite desperate as of late to figure it out. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I've not seen it since I was a little kid but I think that may be Mom. It would be worth checking out if it turns out not to be Flesheating Mothers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100172/

urgeok2 10-15-2008 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTLGPhoto (Post 741485)
Ok, I have one I've been googling for a while, and came across this forum in the process.

The movie could have been from the 70's, but I want to say it was an early 80's flick. It wasn't your typical horror movie, and I remember seeing it on the Disney Channel a few years back.

It's about a girl who moves to some old house with her family. The neighbor or the gardener's wife says she looks quite a bit like her daughter who disappeared or died or something. I can't remember a lot of the plot, but I remember the end scene where she is standing in some greenhouse or maybe a mausoleum, and they're performing some sort of ritual to bring the girl she looks like back or something. Sorry I'm so vague, I just can't remember a lot of the plot!

Hopefully someone can end my search, because without a lot of info, I'm stuck!

disney channel ?!

Watcher in the Woods ?

newb 10-15-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 741493)
disney channel ?!

Watcher in the Woods ?

I think you nailed that one

fortunato 10-15-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 741679)
I think you nailed that one

yeah, urge is right.
that is absolutely watcher in the woods.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081738/

Nella 10-17-2008 11:34 PM

I watched a movie when I was pretty young and the only scene I remember is a headstone and two female hands coming up out of the ground to grab someone. Any ideas?

neverending 10-17-2008 11:38 PM

Plan 9 From Outer Space?